Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** IRON MAIDEN Thread/Tour Thread

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i'm thinking if his set is under an hour, all he'll play is classic hits, like schools out, i'm eighteen, elected, billion dollar babies, muscle of love, etc....Hoping to get a song or 2 off Welcome 2, figuring i've yet to hear any songs off it live and i really like that album
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They should just take him off the tour and have maiden play 3 hours
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    They should just take him off the tour and have maiden play 3 hours
    i would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact Alice hasn't played Boston in over 4 years. I would like to see both Maiden and Alice play 3 hours sets each

Well that's just silly
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alice will prob get 45 min.
    Don't you undermine me....
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    getting tickets today :D
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Dream Theater played 50 minutes - an hour on the Final Frontier tour. I'd expect Cooper to get a similar amount of time.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Here's an excerpt from an interview regarding Cooper's role on the tour:

Rolling Stone: What are you going to do on this tour with Maiden?

Cooper: "You have to do the hits. The audience would kill you if you don't do 'Eighteen' and 'School's Out'. But then we've got to do stuff from the new album. And then you have to get what I call the underground hits – the real Alice aficionados want to hear those songs. Once in a while you throw a cover in there. We do a pretty mean 'Brown Sugar'."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Here's an excerpt from an interview regarding Cooper's role on the tour:

Rolling Stone: What are you going to do on this tour with Maiden?

Cooper: "You have to do the hits. The audience would kill you if you don't do 'Eighteen' and 'School's Out'. But then we've got to do stuff from the new album. And then you have to get what I call the underground hits – the real Alice aficionados want to hear those songs. Once in a while you throw a cover in there. We do a pretty mean 'Brown Sugar'."
    crap....i don't want to hear him do a cover song if he's only playing 50 minutes.....

guessing it will look something like his setlist for montreal recently:

The Black Widow
    No More Mr. Nice Guy
    Under My Wheels
    I'm Eighteen
    I'll Bite Your Face Off
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Muscle of Love
    Feed My Frankenstein
    Poison
    School's Out w/(Another Brick in the Wall (… morePart 2)
    Elected
    # Encore:

Brown Sugar
    Born To Be Wild
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    My boyfriend and I are excited to see Alice again too, it'll be...our third time in like two years, haha. My mom's jealous. :p
    imageimage
    So we tried calling the Indy venue to find out if there is pit and how Manu tickets they will have available and it's a fucking recording.

~X(
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I couldn't even figure out if there was pit left at the Chicago show, but I will be doing the citi pre-sale tix tomorrow I guess
    edited March 2012
    Hey CF there is pit left
    Ape >:D<</p>
    Thank you jay. I hate that place oo so much
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It should be illegal for venues to not have a pit
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    got fucking awesome seats =P~