Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** IRON MAIDEN Thread/Tour Thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    EMI has announced the release of "From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010". A double-CD set spanning twenty years this follows the huge success of 2010's studio album "The Final Frontier" which hit the number one spot in 28 countries around the world. It also became the band's highest-charting album in the USA where IRON MAIDEN have just been awarded their first Grammy for "Best Metal Performance", for the song "El Dorado", taken from "The Final Frontier" album, and which is included in this selection.

IRON MAIDEN's current phenomenal global success has seen the band not only scale new-found heights aided by their unique method of touring, using a customized Boeing 757 — named Ed Force One by their fans — to transport band, crew and all their equipment round the world to many new places, but has meant their ever-expanding fanbase now encompasses a brand new generation of metal lovers. "From Fear To Eternity" is a chance for these new fans of the band to explore IRON MAIDEN's rich history, with the highlights of their last eight studio albums distilled into this handy collection, which follows 2009's compilation of their earlier work, the 1980-1990 "Somewhere Back In Time" album.

Perennial favourites to be found on this album include songs also featured in MAIDEN's current "The Final Frontier World Tour" set list; tracks such as "Fear Of The Dark", "The Wicker Man", "Blood Brothers" and "Dance Of Death" sit alongside recent classics "El Dorado" and the hauntingly evocative "When The Wild Wind Blows". It also include singles like "Holy Smoke" and "Be Quick Or Be Dead" together with more progressive thought-provoking album tracks like "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" and "For The Greater Good Of God". This new collection charts the musical development of Britain's most successful metal band as they have evolved their sound, producing longer, more complex songs, gaining huge critical acclaim in the process. Featuring many of the epics for which the band has become renowned, it is accordingly released as a double CD, but will retail for the price of a single album.

The full track listing for the CD is as follows:

Disc 1

01. The Wicker Man
    02. Holy Smoke
    03. El Dorado
    04. Paschendale
    05. Different World
    06. Man On The Edge (live)
    07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
    08. Blood Brothers
    09. Rainmaker
    10. Sign Of The Cross (live)
    11. Brave New World
    12. Fear Of The Dark (live)

Disc 2

01. Be Quick Or Be Dead
    02. Tailgunner
    03. No More Lies
    04. Coming Home
    05. The Clansman (live)
    06. For The Greater Good Of God
    07. These Colours Don't Run
    08. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
    09. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
    10. Dance Of Death
    11. When The Wild Wind Blows

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Is it already out...?
    imageimage
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    {Upload|5061} Yup! 8-X %%-
    Is it already out...?
    May 23rd.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Is it already out...?
    May 23rd.
    Ooo! That's my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary, I'll get that for him. c:
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    what are yours ^
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dammit I forgot to post The Ides of March on here (I remembered on FB) and it's 3 minutes past midnight : / So I guess we're LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT haha!
    what are yours ^
    Favorites?
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Aces high
    Fear of the dark
    Paschendale
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Revelations and Stranger in a Strange Land are my Top 2 and the rest are always changing it seems
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Can't narrow Maiden down to 3 songs. I think I'd have trouble narrowing it down to 10, 15, or even 20 for that matter
    Top 10 would go something like this:

Caught Somewhere In Time
    Infinite Dreams
    Wasted Years
    Phantom of the Opera
    Aces High
    Revelations
    Powerslave
    The Wicker Man
    Alexander The Great
    The Prisoner

Not necessarily in order, especially after the first few songs.
    Ok I think I've got it... My Top 10:
    1. Revelations
    2. Stranger in a Strange Land
    3. Phantom of the Opera
    4. Infinite Dreams
    5. The Prisoner
    6. Ghost of the Navigator
    7. Murders in the Rue Morgue
    8. Dance of Death
    9. Powerslave
    10. Wasted Years
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I have a few that will always be top 10 but the others are so hard to narrow down. I'll have to try this out when I get home
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2012
    Iron Maiden En Vivo! live Blu-ray, DVD and CD will be released on March 26th 2012.

EMI are proud to announce the release of a new live IRON MAIDEN Blu-Ray, 2DVD Set and Double Soundtrack Album on Monday March 26th (March 27th Canada and USA (via UMe)).

"EN VIVO!" was filmed on 10th April 2011 in front of over 50,000 ecstatic fans at the Estadio Nacional, Santiago during the Round The World In 66 Days leg of The Final Frontier World Tour, and captures a magnificent performance by the band, ardently embraced by the legendary Latino passion and energy of their Chilean fans. With spectacular stage backdrops, dynamic musicianship and a literally jaw-dropping appearance by Eddie, this live show encapsulates to perfection the heart and soul of Iron Maiden 2011.

DVD DISC ONE "LIVE AT ESTADIO NACIONAL, SANTIAGO" (approx running time 120 mins)
    1. Satellite 15
    2. The Final Frontier
    3. El Dorado
    4. 2 Minutes To Midnight
    5. The Talisman
    6. Coming Home
    7. Dance Of Death
    8. The Trooper
    9. The Wicker Man
    10.Blood Brothers
    11.When The Wild Wind Blows
    12.The Evil That Men Do
    13.Fear Of The Dark
    14.Iron Maiden
    15. The Number Of The Beast
    16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    17. Running Free

BONUS DISC - DVD DISC TWO "BEHIND THE BEAST" (approx running time 102 mins)
    1.Behind The Beast documentary
    2.Satellite 15...The Final Frontier promo video (director's cut)
    3.The Making of Satellite 15...The Final Frontier promo
    4.The Final Frontier World Tour Show Intro