Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** IRON MAIDEN Thread/Tour Thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'd expect them to include 5 or 6 songs from the new album in the set like they usually do.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited August 2010
    There's rumors that they will only play five new songs live in the 2011 tour.

Final Frontier (Unknown if it includes Satellite 15)
    El Dorado
    Mother of Mercy
    Coming Home
    The Talisman
    I can't really see them doing Satellite 15, maybe shortened as an intro over the PA, but not live. Also, I'd be surprised if they didn't play The Alchemist, it would fit in easily with older material in the set.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Best since Brave New World but is it better than Brave New World?
    In my opinion....no. Not quite.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Close, but no.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Still wrapping my mind around the second half of this album.....it's really dense.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/iron-maidens-20000-norweigian-kroner-bar-bill/

This list of alcoholic goodies has to be seen to be believed.

You’re one of the biggest metal bands in the world. You’ve released a new album that’s been incredibly received by your fans, you’re set for multiple number one’s across the globe and you’ve just played a kick ass show in Norway.

How do you celebrate? You celebrate with a bar bill that reads:

13 Jack Daniels
    8 Jagermeister
    78 pints of Guiness
    32 bottles of Heineken
    7 vodkas
    4 coca colas
    7 Olden boble naturell
    2 Red bulls
    1 Kins Chili Notter
    3 Sprites
    14 Peachtrees
    2 Spice & cola
    2 Baileys
    1 Ossian ale
    57 Hansas
    2 Johnny Walk Black Label
    12 Bunnahabain
    11 pints of Kilkenny
    29 glasses of Husets Roovin
    4 Ruddles
    2 Polly Peanotter (no, us neither)
    10 glasses of Fransk Hvitvin
    27 Slippery Nipples
    5 Triple SEC Speedracs

All of which clocks in at a whopping 20,109 NOK or £2,092.97.

Blimey! Steady on, lads!
    imageimage
    Still wrapping my mind around the second half of this album.....it's really dense.
    I'm still giving it full listens. The album overall sounds somewhat sad and depressing at points. An example would be When the Wild Wind Blows. It picks up but it has a slow, sort of sad start to it. I really like the song and the album. I hope they play When the Wild Wind Blows live but we'll see
    Man I can't stop listening to When the Wild Wind Blows. The lyrics are great too. I try to put them into real life and sort of realize the tragedy. Around 6:50 is a great part too. The guitars and the tenseness of Bruce's voice have this impending doom feeling to them that the tragedy is almost there. The whole thing is really a great piece of music. Can't find any bad spot in the whole song
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^I second the motion for Where the Wild Wind Blows to be performed live.
    It's one of the best songs Steve Harris has written in a good while now. If they can play Rime of the Ancient Mariner live, they could figure this one out live, but I doubt it.....
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Picked up Iron Maiden yesterday..I didn't know that the tin case was the mission edition, seeing as all Meijer had was mission edition. Just now about to check it out.
    image Photobucket
    There's nothing really special about the Mission Edition....not nearly enough bonus content for my tastes. But oh well, I paid 7 dollars for it and the CD itself is awesome.

Oh and Maiden charted #4 in the US. Not bad at all.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I was going to say it's not like it left you in the hole a ton. I don't really get it lol, AMOLAD had a bonus CD that included the video during the recording, at least that was cool..This is just like "ohh a video you've already scene, a cheap flash game and some wallpapers."
    image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Iron Maiden are planning a best-of tour in the spirit of 2008’s Somewhere Back In Time outing – after they’ve hit the road to fully support new album The Final Frontier.

Their last world trek, documented in the band’s first movie Flight 666, helped bring them a new generation of fans. But it also seems to have re-fired their songwriting skills as their chart-topping 15th record boasts some of their most acclaimed work in many years.

clear pixel
    That could be why singer Bruce Dickinson wants to dig into the archives again. But first, he wants to perform more songs from The Final Frontier, since their current tour only features the track El Dorado.

He tells the Sun: "At the start of every tour we think this will be the last one. By the end we’re disappointed and we think, ‘Is this is?’ So we’ll carry on as long as we’re having fun.

"We’ll be back to tour this album, and after that we should be looking at a big resumé tour – an unashamed tour with all the greatest hits."

When the band announced the title of their album some fans wondered if it might be the end of the band, especially since mainman Steve Harris had often said they'd record 15 records then stop. But several band members have quashed those rumours and now it seems they're set to stay around for a few years at least.

But while they're on the crest of a huge wave of popularity right now – based, Dickinson says, on being "simple and straightforward and giving our fans what they want" – you won’t find any rock star extravagance backstage.

"We got rid of most of our rider," he explains. "We just have three loaves of white bread, some butter, a tin of tuna and some beers. People come backstage looking for the spread of food and we say, ‘Go and make yourself a sandwich’."
    I love winning with women
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    hopefully the "greatest hits" tour doesn't completly ignore the reunion stuff
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Hopefully, I'll ACTUALLY be able to catch them this time...
    I love winning with women
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I thought we've known this for quite some time...

But yes, it will coincide with the release of Maiden England. Speculation is that it will focus on post Powerslave yet pre-reunion material.

SIT/7th Son/FOTD/Other Classics
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I will be waiting anxiously to buy tickets for that tour.

I've listened to the final frontier several times I don't know how I feel. Nothing really stands put except the last song which I love
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I think it's amazing. How the songs transition through eachother...everything
    image Photobucket