Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I just signed up to see if I can survive the zombie apocalypse

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited September 2012 in Debate & Discourse
:)) Is this too dorky or probably going to be fun?

http://mendonzombierun.eventbrite.com/

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That looks like it could be fun if done well, or it could be a pile of crap.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I completely agree.... Which is why I was on the fence about doing it. I decided to pull the trigger and if it is a pile of crap I can pretend it never happened :))
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Like many things it's good in theory, but it comes down to the execution.
    I like my chances... Im bringing this \m/

edited September 2012
    Kidding... But what I am really going to do is bring my sons zombie mask. and if I get down to 1 flag then I am going to strategically place it, put on the zombie mask, and pretend to be a zombie trying to get people.

One thing I have learned from zombie shows/movies, is that disguising yourself as a zombie is often a good way of surviving the apocalypse
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep

Kidding... But what I am really going to do is bring my sons zombie mask. and if I get down to 1 flag then I am going to strategically place it, put on the zombie mask, and pretend to be a zombie trying to get people.

One thing I have learned from zombie shows/movies, is that disguising yourself as a zombie is often a good way of surviving the apocalypse

yeah, that worked for Bill Murray in Zombieland....until he got shot

Luckily for me it's just a fun run and there will probably be no guns, machetes or chainsaws.
    if i was to do something like this i would rather play the part of a zombie than a runner
    That is actually free! They are accepting applications to be a zombie and they get to do it for free
    I hope it is like that \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    that sounds awesome \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Hopefully that thing in detroit happens....some guy was trying to buy an area of land i believe where there was a bunch of abandoned houses...and turn it into an overnight thing
    The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is ready for a zombie apocalypse. Gun owners got prepared for a zombie apocalypse. Now, the military and law enforcement are getting ready.

And next month, they'll begin training.

Security firm HALO Corp. announced yesterday that about 1,000 military personnel, police officials, medical experts and federal workers will learn the ins and outs of a zombie apocalypse, as part of an annual counter-terrorism summit , according to the Military Times.

Sure, the lesson is tongue-in-cheek -- and only a small part of the summit's more serious course load -- but a zombie-like virus outbreak is a good training scenario. Visitors will learn to deal with a worldwide pandemic, where people become crazy, violent and fearful. Zombies will roam the summit grounds in San Diego, Calif. harassing troops and first-aid teams that will be participating.

Further details are unclear, but the Military Times made sure to note that zombies are not real.

The training comes at a time when the term "zombie apocalypse" is so viral that several branches of government have released statements on the matter. Earlier this month, the Department of Homeland Security reported that "the zombies are coming" as part of a hilarious bid to get citizens to prepare for a real disaster.

The CDC has released similar statements using zombies as a playful guise to get the public prepared for actual disasters. To assure that no one's confused by these announcements, CDC told The Huffington Post that zombies are not real.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Distance said:

Thats awesome, you should go! We have something like that here but It's basically a huge game of tag you're deaddd

I am :)) All signed up and paid for. Totally there \m/
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Sounds like a heap of fun
    I hope you're going to tackle all the obstacles Wake
    That'll be an adrenalin rush!!!!
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Should be a good time, as long as no one on bath salts shows up and eats your face.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Gnomez said:

Sounds like a heap of fun
    I hope you're going to tackle all the obstacles Wake
    That'll be an adrenalin rush!!!!

Of Course. Obstacles play into my strengths.
    Jobe said:

Should be a good time, as long as no one on bath salts shows up and eats your face.

:)) fucking bath salts always ruin a good zombie apocalypse.... or make it more real \m/