Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Doctor Charged with Manslaughter for the Death of Slipknot Bassist Paul Gray, Seven Others

2»

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If shit like this flys with the logic presented.. Then McDonalds should begin to lose cases for causing obesity to people who can't control their own impulses.. Tobacco companies should be sued and they should be forced to pay billions for cancer cases.. Etc..
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Exact comparison I was going to make.
    I love winning with women
    It sucks these 8 people died from this. But they really should have known better anyway
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    jag said:

Tobacco companies should be sued and they should be forced to pay billions for cancer cases.. Etc..

Except one comes with a warning label telling you that smoking causes cancer and the other is from a "trusted" doctor who's supposed to be looking out for your health and not giving you drugs if they know your a junkie.

8 people dead from this same doctor and I'm pretty sure they aren't all junkies like Grey.

You can try again tho [-(
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    that would be hard to litagate from the prosacutor's standpoint i mean, it would depend how many pills were subscribed through the day, the quantity of pills in the bottle shouldnt matter...

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Michael Jackson of metal man lol
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2012

jag said:

Tobacco companies should be sued and they should be forced to pay billions for cancer cases.. Etc..

Except one comes with a warning label telling you that smoking causes cancer and the other is from a "trusted" doctor who's supposed to be looking out for your health and not giving you drugs if they know your a junkie.

8 people dead from this same doctor and I'm pretty sure they aren't all junkies like Grey.

You can try again tho [-(
    What about the labels that come on pill bottles.. That.. You know.. Advised you to only take x amount in x hours (or every x amount of hours) or used as prescribed by your doctor. Lets not shoot the messenger here. Sure a conscious heart tells you dont give the pills. Still not his fault that Paul abused the pills over n over. Not his fault he got hooked. He didnt control those actions. Are we really going to debate this? I can see neglegence but manslaughter.. Lolno.
    Did he actually take more then he should have or did he mix it with something? I don't remember
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I'd be shocked if he didn't.
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    jag said:

If shit like this flys with the logic presented.. Then McDonalds should begin to lose cases for causing obesity to people who can't control their own impulses.. Tobacco companies should be sued and they should be forced to pay billions for cancer cases.. Etc..

hmm i dont know about that dood.. a doctor holds a little more responsiblitly than the 7 dollar worker at mcdonalds.. a doctor is supposed to have some integrity and should be looking out for the best interest of its patients..now i dont know the facts of the case but if he was giving him more pills than the dood needed then that is bad shit... if he gave gray the required amount and paul just abused it then he would be 0 percent at fault but that doesnt seem like the case...
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    I think they were going after the doctor in general and the fact that one of his patients happened to be the bass player from Slipknot only brings this to national attention.
    this story is from two weeks ago, specific to the charges filed against the doctor;

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/08/24/doctor-whose-pain-clinic-was-shuttered-could-be-sanctioned-by-licensing-board/

A Des Moines doctor whose pain-treatment clinic was abruptly closed in June could lose his medical license over regulators’ allegations of incompetence and unethical practices.

The Iowa Board of Medicine, which licenses physicians, alleges that Dr. Daniel Baldi prescribed large quantities of narcotics and other addictive drugs without properly assessing patients’ need for the medications . . . . . . The licensing board made numerous allegations. The board said Baldi “indiscriminately or promiscuously prescribed, administered or dispensed drugs for other than a lawful purpose.” It also said he failed to take or document proper action to assess patients’ need for the drugs, to monitor them for abuse, or to take action when they violated agreements to take the medications properly. The board also said that he failed to maintain proper records and that he improperly used topical pain creams for himself.