Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

A really close friend's brother was killed pushing his son out of the path of a drunk driver

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I was exaggerating with the breathalyzer jawn. Maybe there should be stiffer penalties for a DUI, I mean the guy was 22 and already had one. Maybe he should have a breathalyzer in his car. Too many people drink and drive, obv they're not scared enough to stop.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    There's been issues here in the system with people getting DUIs and repeat offenders. Most of the judges here just let 30-50% walk with only probation
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    That I agree with 100%. Drunk driving penalties are mostly a joke, especially with money and a good lawyer. Too bad he wasn't one of those dirty pot smokers, then they would have no problem bringing down the hammer on him.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This is why after ONE time being driven home by a drunk driver after the studio, I told my Cousin I refuse to go out there anymore unless A: We're just staying at his crib all night, or B: We're 100% taking a cab home, since the buses don't run that late.

Especially since the dumbass driver thought it was oh so hilarious how clearly scared I was (I was fucking beyond high, to make it ten times worse. I was literally scared stiff, sitting in the backseat, just staring at the road, unable to say a single word, just literally thinking it was my last car ride.), so, he started swerving, drifting, doing donuts, and driving like a complete erratic madman, "'cause it was funny". He even sped straight into a street light pole, and swerved out the way last second, turned around, and said "Thought we were gonna die, huh?", and gave me the most smug fucking smile I've ever seen in my life.

Never a-fucking-gain.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Episode said:

This is why after ONE time being driven home by a drunk driver after the studio, I told my Cousin I refuse to go out there anymore unless A: We're just staying at his crib all night, or B: We're 100% taking a cab home, since the buses don't run that late.

Especially since the dumbass driver thought it was oh so hilarious how clearly scared I was (I was fucking beyond high, to make it ten times worse. I was literally scared stiff, sitting in the backseat, just staring at the road, unable to say a single word, just literally thinking it was my last car ride.), so, he started swerving, drifting, doing donuts, and driving like a complete erratic madman, "'cause it was funny". He even sped straight into a street light pole, and swerved out the way last second, turned around, and said "Thought we were gonna die, huh?", and gave me the most smug fucking smile I've ever seen in my life.

Never a-fucking-gain.

I would've fucked that guy up the second the car stopped
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    What a douche. It's times like those that make knowing a few jiu jitsu chokes nice. Just keep repeating "Thought we were gonna die huh?" as you choke him unconscious.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    9 years ago when I was 19 I got a DUI and a hit and run charge, I was smashed and crashed into the back of someone at a redlight and took off. I spent 1000 for a lawyer. He got the hit and run dropped, so I lost my liscense for 7 months, got a ridiculous fine, and had to pay like a $81 a month surcharge for 3 years. I was 19 living on my own so I thought it was the end of the world and knowing I got into an accident scared the shit out of me, I never drove drunk again. But tbh that was the dumbest shit I ever done and I deserved worse. I could have easily hit a pedestrian or been going faster and really hurt someone. I know people that are younger then me, have 3 DUIs and only served 6 months. That's crazy. Even though I made the mistake myself and learned my lesson from it the first time, I still think I should gave got a harsher penalty.

I think 6 months in jail should be the punishment for the first offense.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    people make mistakes...no way you should have to serve a fucking jail sentence on your first offense..sorry i think thats too much...repeat offenders should get fucked tho but you should always get one fuck up and not have to go to jail with child molestors...im not gonna get into it again but .08 isnt even drunk..its a little buzz and im gonna do six months for it? fuck that
    If I'm not mistaken in some states you can't even have a half a beer and be legal to drive
    imageimage
    naw your mistaken... thats if your under 21...
    All I remember from the convo was my wtf reaction to how little you had to have before you couldn't legally drive
    imageimage
    .08 to the average sized person is like 3 - 4 beers...for a small chick like you say you dont eat any dinner and just go out for drinks then prob 2 drinks could put you over...so you wanna serve six months in jail for two drinks? helll no thats ridiculous
    I dont think people should drink a half of beer and drive. If you're going to fucking drink at all, don't drive.
    bars and restaurants would go out of business...
    zerofucks. They said the same thing about the smoke ban.

If you have to drink and drive to be able to go out to eat, then youre fucked up.

If you go out to get drunk at the bar, make arrangements to get home. Who goes to the bar and doesnt get drunk?
    I know lots of people who go to bars and don't get drunk....
    imageimage
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In NY if you get a dwi you have to get a breathalyzer in your car. Ask Jon Jones he knows all about it.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm with George. Make arrangements to get home if youre gonna drink. Theres really no excuse for it.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    well it is .08 but if you have a cdl then the law is 1/2 what the law is for everyone else so its .04