Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Dave Mustaine Strikes Again!

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    My bad, playboy.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I think its pretty stupid to say what he said....but it shouldn't be a shocker that our government could be behind killing some of its own (not saying they were involved here at all of course)
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    edited August 2012
    Dave has always been too outspoken about his views on life, that's what gets him a notorious reputation. I respect the fact that he's outspoken and we're all entitled to our opinions, but I don't agree at all with what he said. At this point I'm very used to Dave spewing out radical opinions on issues such as this. I still respect him as a musician though. Still am going to listen to his cd's and see him live. I mean he's my second favorite guitar player. He and Randy Rhoads (being my first) inspired me to pick up the guitar.
    Post edited by Da_Muffinz on
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My opinion is Megadeth sucks. That's all.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Megadeth‘s Dave Mustaine has made his share of provocative comments throughout his career when it comes to politics and other hot button issues. However, his latest claim that President Barack Obama “staged” recent shooting massacres on U.S. soil to aid his agenda for an overhaul to current gun control laws has one victim speaking out against the rocker.

Carli Richards was in the theater waiting to see ‘Dark Knight Rises’ when the devastating massacre in Aurora, Colo., errupted. Richards made it out alive but sustained several gunshot wounds to her body. However, in the aftermath of the tragedy, her blame does not lay with the President and she thinks anyone who does blame him may have some misguided anger. “Some people think the President is a good scapegoat but he didn’t shoot me,” Carli told TMZ during a recent interview.

She called out people like Mustaine, saying, “It’s obviously kind of absurd and people who make up conspiracies just want attention.” Richards also took the opportunity to offer up some rational words to the general public regarding the whole situation, saying, “Everybody is emotional at this time and needs to blame somebody I guess.” She continued, “I don’t think they realize the consequences of not being responsible for your own actions and [suspect] James Holmes needs to be held accountable for his, to whatever way the justice system deems fit.”

Not only did Mustaine claim that Obama was behind the shootings in Aurora, he also suggested that the President had a hand in the recent massacre at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin. Find out more about Mustaine’s rant by clicking below:
    inb4lists
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The weird part is during the 90's Mustaine was a die hard democrat and hated all things republican. He would go on similar rants to this about the Bush's.

Musicians shouldn't speak about politics and people shouldn't listen when they do.
    Rage Against The Machine were good at what they did though.
    inb4lists
    Not at all. That's part of what made them completely insufferable and nauseating for me.
    One of my all time favorite bands [-(

L-)
    inb4lists
    who are the others? Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Hed(pe)?
    Megadeth, Death, Tool and In Flames (pre Come Clarity era)
    inb4lists
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Rage Against the Machine were pretty much the best example of music influencing politics. I mean, they started a riot at the RNC.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Muse, Rush and Pink Floyd are pretty high on the list too.
    inb4lists
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Everything's a list to you, huh?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

Not everything, those are my favorite bands.

It's not like i sit around all day making randoms lists, or do I? No I don't, i think?

Hmm..
    inb4lists
    The outspoken Dave Mustaine is taking a lot of heat for his latest onstage comments claiming President Barack Obama staged the recent shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin. The Megadeth frontman now admits his choice of words may not have been the best, yet he’s not backing off from his theory.

Mustaine recently called in to the show ‘Info Wars’ to put his words in context and answer some questions. When asked what he really meant about what he said on stage, Mustaine explained, “To clarify things, no one can deny that there were criminal rogues in the administration. CBS News got the memos, Congress has the information and basically, Larry Pratt, the head of Gun Owners of America, who is a highly respected person, said that if they would stage ‘Fast And Furious,’ they’d be capable of staging anything. He continued, “And it was all done to blame the Second Amendment. We’d be fools not to look at this. Our U.S. border patrol agents were killed. And like I said, I was just quoting Larry Pratt. That’s it bottom line.”

Mustaine did say that sometimes things don’t come across as intended, explaining, “In the heat of the moment, when you’re onstage and you’re talking, sometimes you’re not as eloquent as you’d like to be but like I said, I was just quoting what Larry said.” He added, “We really need to investigate this and we need to have the Attorney General release the documents and find out who’s responsible for this. People died and the democratic process says, ‘Let’s investigate this. Let’s find out what’s going on here.’”

Mustaine was pretty adamant about his beliefs, saying, “I’m a patriot. I’ve always been controversial. I’m a political songwriter. And this wasn’t done to hurt any of my fellow countrymen. I think that it’s something that we really, really need to look into.”

He wrapped up the interview saying, “I love our country and I respect it, my whole thing with this is that I think we should just look into it. I just think that we deserve to know the truth – that’s it.”
    inb4lists
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Where have you been?