Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2012 ElectionThread**

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Thanks Romney for picking that zombie-eyed granny killer as a vp.....You made the decision very simple for anybody who was not sure who to vote for......
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep

Thanks Romney for picking that zombie-eyed granny killer as a vp.....You made the decision very simple for anybody who was not sure who to vote for......

For sure, Paul Ryan is an extremist among extremists. Independents are going to flock to obama now
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    This election is going to be just as bullshit as the other elections we've had for the past 10 years. I'm so done with this two-party system.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah fuck this election
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Romney's fight was always to get the Republicans to think he represented them. But his fau pau was that it's independents that decide every election.

Ryan's VP nod was all about convincing the right, instead of convincing America.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I think both parties are guilty in that. All they give a shit about are themselves and their rich friends. They don't care about us. It's all about appealing to their own political agenda. Fuck em'.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    No, partisan politics is the problem, not the parties. Voting along party lines instead of what's right is the biggest problem with the system.

I think both parties are guilty in that. All they give a shit about are themselves and their rich friends. They don't care about us. It's all about appealing to their own political agenda. Fuck em'.

Not really, Obama's only real thing to that has been the super PAC waffle, but that's nothing compared to what Romney's done. Their rich friends are afraid of us, because the only thing they can't control is what the voting populace does. Sure, a few tin-foil hats out there may think the whole thing is rigged, but it's not.

Voting is pretty much the most important thing you do, because it's the last piece of democracy that we really hold on to in a partisan political landscape.
    edited August 2012

No, partisan politics is the problem, not the parties. Voting along party lines instead of what's right is the biggest problem with the system.

Not really, Obama's only real thing to that has been the super PAC waffle, but that's nothing compared to what Romney's done. Their rich friends are afraid of us, because the only thing they can't control is what the voting populace does. Sure, a few tin-foil hats out there may think the whole thing is rigged, but it's not.

Voting is pretty much the most important thing you do, because it's the last piece of democracy that we really hold on to in a partisan political landscape.
    That's basically what I just said, (the first part). Well if that's the case then we either need another revolution or we might as well just start bending over backwards to any politician that steps into office. And quite frankly I don't find it hard to believe if the system is rigged, so much corruption and unconstitutional laws have been occurring these past 10 years ( and more) that there are very few good honest politicians left. People need to vote for principle, not politics. We've forgotten that.
    Iv been of the opinion for a while that the fix has been in for a bit
    edited August 2012

That's basically what I just said, (the first part). Well if that's the case then we either need another revolution or we might as well just start bending over backwards to any politician that steps into office. And quite frankly I don't find it hard to believe if the system is rigged, so much corruption and unconstitutional laws have been occurring these past 10 years ( and more) that there are very few good honest politicians left. People need to vote for principle, not politics. We've forgotten that.

It's really hard to believe that there is any organization in the world that can fix the American election. Voter-fraud is in reality a near non-issue, and if you're not creating votes for people that don't exist, then it's pretty much impossible.

Corruption and constitution violations are normal, it's part of being in a society. People want to cheat the system, but the problem isn't with the politicians, its with the voters.
    rexum420 said:

Someone must have slept in too late when Obama got elected, then, because that was not good for a lot of people.
    I think a lot of the problem is with the electoral system....its outdated, and it basically makes someones vote in California more important then my vote....and i don't think its that far fetched that the election could be rigged....there is more then meets the eye with who was behind the Kennedy assassination, 9/11 ect. i wouldn't put it past the richest people in the world being able to put the fix on for there own interests
    edited August 2012

It's really hard to believe that there is any organization in the world that can fix the American election. Voter-fraud is in reality a near non-issue, and if you're not creating votes for people that don't exist, then it's pretty much impossible.

Corruption and constitution violations are normal, it's part of being in a society. People want to cheat the system, but the problem isn't with the politicians, its with the voters.
    rexum420 said:

Our own organization could do that if they wanted to, it's not hard. All you got to do is shut the door behind you so that no one can see. Voting is not the issue I'm talking about here, it's the candidates and their failed two-party systems. We need to either get rid of the repubs and dems or introduce a multiparty system that are just as big of players so that way the people have more choice. Instead we either have to choose evil, or the better of another evil (which is still evil) and it's completely unfair. None of them get shit done.
    rexum420 said:

I think a lot of the problem is with the electoral system....its outdated, and it basically makes someones vote in California more important then my vote....and i don't think its that far fetched that the election could be rigged....there is more then meets the eye with who was behind the Kennedy assassination, 9/11 ect. i wouldn't put it past the richest people in the world being able to put the fix on for there own interests

I'm not saying there aren't people who want to do it, but I just don't think it's logistically possible. Maybe you could do it for a state, maybe, but to actually fix millions of votes like that, I just don't know how you'd do it. You report the votes to the county, who reports them to everyone else. There's no central place that you Mission Impossible into and change the number to. It just doesn't work like that.

The electoral college is some pretty fucked up shit, but there are some mathematical reasons for it, but I think it's crazy. I'm voting absentee in California instead of in DC or Virginia, like most of my friends and coworkers are.

Our own organization could do that if they wanted to, it's not hard. All you got to do is shut the door behind you so that no one can see. Voting is not the issue I'm talking about here, it's the candidates and their failed two-party systems. We need to either can the repubs and dems or introduce a multiparty system that are just as big of players so that way the people have more choice. Instead we either have to choose evil, or the better of another evil (which is still evil) and it's completely unfair. None of them get shit done.

Yeah, it's really fucking hard. I don't know what method you're describing here. Close the door so that nobody can see you put in one vote? How does that effect the other millions of votes? It's not enough to just have really fucking evil people out there.

You don't just hold a press conference and go "okay, let's have 20 parties now" either. That's not how you change things. The Tea Party basically did exactly what they need to do.

Choosing the lesser of two evils happens so much more than you make it sound. It's just part of life. I truly think that there are politicians who have our best interest at heart, but they need to sacrifice that to get parts of it done.
    edited August 2012

rexum420 said:

I'm not saying there aren't people who want to do it, but I just don't think it's logistically possible. Maybe you could do it for a state, maybe, but to actually fix millions of votes like that, I just don't know how you'd do it. You report the votes to the county, who reports them to everyone else. There's no central place that you Mission Impossible into and change the number to. It just doesn't work like that.

The electoral college is some pretty fucked up shit, but there are some mathematical reasons for it, but I think it's crazy. I'm voting absentee in California instead of in DC or Virginia, like most of my friends and coworkers are.

Our own organization could do that if they wanted to, it's not hard. All you got to do is shut the door behind you so that no one can see. Voting is not the issue I'm talking about here, it's the candidates and their failed two-party systems. We need to either can the repubs and dems or introduce a multiparty system that are just as big of players so that way the people have more choice. Instead we either have to choose evil, or the better of another evil (which is still evil) and it's completely unfair. None of them get shit done.

Yeah, it's really fucking hard. I don't know what method you're describing here. Close the door so that nobody can see you put in one vote? How does that effect the other millions of votes? It's not enough to just have really fucking evil people out there.

You don't just hold a press conference and go "okay, let's have 20 parties now" either. That's not how you change things. The Tea Party basically did exactly what they need to do.

Choosing the lesser of two evils happens so much more than you make it sound. It's just part of life. I truly think that there are politicians who have our best interest at heart, but they need to sacrifice that to get parts of it done.
    Uh dude it's a figure of speech, I can't tell you an exact method, but if we can break into houses and steal things undetected, wire tap phones, use spies to infiltrate information, or hack high network security software, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a method for rigging an election. I never mentioned a certain number for a multiparty system, I just said we need more than just two parties, and I don't understand what you mean by the Tea Party did what they needed to do. I know that's a part of life, but it's become much worse over the years. You compare the candidates we have now to back then and you'll see they were better choices than what we have now, and the only reason why that's a part of life is because we live in this two-party dictatorship in which we can only CHOOSE two different evils, hence why I said we need more parties. And I know there are honest good politicians out there, the problem is, they don't get the recognition or attention they deserve and so we're left with the evil ones.
    Post edited by Da_Muffinz on
    According to the CBO 67% of the cuts in the ryan budget come from lower middle class and the poor while 39% of the tax breaks go to the ultra rich
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I was wondering if anyone could explain the deal with Sean Penn and Hugo Chavez and chavez's deal with the united states..i wanna figure out why everyone hates sean penn so much but im not big on international politics..i figured this would be the best thread to ask
    not sure whats the deal with sean penn but Hugo Chavez has been good to the people of Venezuela for being a "dictator" as the us labeled him. The govt hires unemployed men as temps to fix infrastructure and gas is 25 cents a gallon with measures in place to prohibit foreign penetration of its oil company.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well i guess sean penn is in venezuala helping with chavez campaign and almost the entire US response to this is that he is an asshole and a limosine liberal, a traitor etc... i just would like to know the real story instead of the nationalistic patriotic bullshit just fed to the american public