Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

How do you feel about demonoid being siezed?

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Gives a fuk.

MPAA isn't really that interested in you unless you spoil assets, IE leak/seed a pre-released movie and software.

my friend josh used my account to upload leaks of 'mesmerize/hypnotize' by soad. it's been about that long since i really fucked with demonoid
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    HA-HA I told you that site was risky as hell.
    basically to upload (also known as 'seeding') you just leave torrents you download in your client and then other people around the world can share that torrent you downloaded from you if they are on the same site and want that ebook, Does that make sense?

Demonoid was great cause you could download anything and never upload anything... and they got away with this by selling advertising. Most private trackers realize how legally dangerous that is (you are making money on other peoples copy righted material) so they dont do that but rely on donations to pay the monthly bills. Those sites make rules that you need to upload the same amount of data you download, such that the site doesnt die.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    edited August 2012
    FUCK!!! What am I going to do now?
    oh forget it
    ill just get ebooks from the other torrent sites i found
    its too complicated with the router or whatever
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

MPAA isn't really that interested in you unless you spoil assets, IE leak/seed a pre-released movie and software.

my friend josh used my account to upload leaks of 'mesmerize/hypnotize' by soad. it's been about that long since i really fucked with demonoid
    Lol, statute of limitations is up on that...by about 5 years.

and Wake, PM a brotha with your best movie tracker invite when you get one.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    oh and im not gonna keep my computer on for weeks until someone decides to download from me
    imageimage
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep

What's demonoid?

Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos

SATAN said:

Lol, statute of limitations is up on that...by about 5 years.

and Wake, PM a brotha with your best movie tracker invite when you get one.
    I dont have any movie trackers that are ratio free like the TV site... But I do have a few that have top notch content and are really easy to maintain ratio because people are active on it. Does this work? if so PM me the email address you want the invite to go too.

oh and im not gonna keep my computer on for weeks until someone decides to download from me

yep. that's why I didnt offer before.

SATAN said:

my account has been accessed by so many ips in different states, good luck zeroing in

who seized them?

Doesn't matter even if they do zero in.

MPAA isn't really that interested in you unless you spoil assets, IE leak/seed a pre-released movie and software. You've got to be downloading thousands of gigs of music for the MPAA to really be that interested in you.

I was probably only about 150 GB deep in Demonoid anyway, and nothing other than the occasional film or TV show over the last 3 years. Didn't seed back much because I didn't have to.
    Then the MPAA is looking at the wrong places then... 90% of content that is pre-released is released on a handful of alpha sites. These sites are so impossible to get into that not even I could gain membership there. To get into one of these sites you need to develop an underground name for yourself of leaking high quality pre-release shit... and chances are these top dogs already beat you to it.
    SATAN said:

who seized them?

Ukrainian authorities on the suggestion of US authorities. Demonoid was blocked for people in Ukrainian wanting to use the site... thus they werent breaking any Ukrainian laws.
    any other ebooks sites that i dont have to go through all that trouble?
    imageimage
    Not really.... the only trouble is opening the port in your router which you only have to do once and it takes about 2 minutes. But then like you mentioned you have to leave your computer on. Alternatively this site (if I can even invite you which I dont know if I can) allows you to just buy upload credit. Like 20 dollars would last you a really long time.
    nevermind then
    imageimage
    yeah... honestly I aint even really a fan of the site mostly because they allow all sort of book formats (ie.. pdf, txt, epub, the kindle format). I wish there was a site for strictly ereader formatted books. That site doesnt really exist.
    demonoid was like a toilet. Very rarely a torrent would fall in the bowl... so you had to roll up your sleeve, quickly reach your hand into that disgusting thing, and then scrub like hell and destroy all evidence that you reached into that filthy bowl.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    demonoid wasn't that bad...as long as you checked the background of who was uploading the torrents you were fine
    no it was that bad. If I couldnt find something anywhere but there, I would H&R that shit. I forced encryption, used a proxy, and turned my upload rate to 1kb max. As soon as it downloaded I deleted that from my client.

That's about the same way I handle the toilet.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2012

SATAN said:

my account has been accessed by so many ips in different states, good luck zeroing in

who seized them?

Doesn't matter even if they do zero in.

MPAA isn't really that interested in you unless you spoil assets, IE leak/seed a pre-released movie and software. You've got to be downloading thousands of gigs of music for the MPAA to really be that interested in you.

I was probably only about 150 GB deep in Demonoid anyway, and nothing other than the occasional film or TV show over the last 3 years. Didn't seed back much because I didn't have to.
    Then the MPAA is looking at the wrong places then... 90% of content that is pre-released is released on a handful of alpha sites. These sites are so impossible to get into that not even I could gain membership there. To get into one of these sites you need to develop an underground name for yourself of leaking high quality pre-release shit... and chances are these top dogs already beat you to it.
    They might not be looking for the leakers themselves (well, not be able to), but people who seed the leaks.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    was just watching this and this thread seems like a good place to post. I think Kim DotCom might have been kinda screwed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ZvrRaeHD5TE&NR=1
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    While it wasn't my main thing, I used demonoid every once in awhile and never had trouble. I remember I was excited when I got an account until I realized you don't even need one.
    image Photobucket