Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I've got a bone to pick...

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited August 2012 in Debate & Discourse
I realize that this thread should probably go in the reading thread, but after reading 4 books in the inheritance saga I'm a little pissed because I just realized what he is doing. For those that don't know the story, let me give you a little summary.

So an orphan boy grows up with his uncle in a remote world. There is an evil empire that is battling a rebel alliance. While the boy is away from home the evil empire comes and destroys his home and kills his uncle so he runs away with a mentor to join the rebel alliance. Now the mentor it turns out is a jedi... I mean a dragon rider. and the emperor of the evil empire is also a dark dragon rider that killed almost all the other dragon riders except for his mentor and this really old frail legend dragon rider. So his mentor is shockingly killed and so he journeys to learn from the experienced dragon rider. So I am on book 4 right now and basically.... turns out that there are two dark dragon riders and the second one is his brother. And the main character thinks he can turn his brother from the dark side by killing the emperor. But the emperor is making him and his brother have a light saber dual... I mean sword dual to the death. Mean while, outside the rebal alliance is fighting the empire and is vastly outnumbered. The emperor is like "your friends are walking into a trap. they will be defeated, and you will turn to the dark side with me Eragon". Oh and did I mention they have small little furry animals? They call them warecats instead of ewoks.

I havent finished reading yet but it's pretty clear that Eragon brother is going to kill the emperor and probably die in doing so. I imagine Eragon will say "Murtag! I can still save you" to which he will respond "you already have Eragon. you already have...."

Comments