Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ayo LildikkSatanz

MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
edited July 2012 in Off Topic
You going to see Jay and Lea in Hotlanta for Mayhemz?

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    prolly not. the lawn tix are $42. i was going to take my son when i figured they would be $25ish, but i'm not wasting $84 on a bunch of bands i've already seen. i'm gonna take $50 down to the show and see if i can find a scalper desperate to unload passes. i did this a couple of times with ozzfest and ended up with 1st row seats at '98 and third row at '02.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Your venue must be expensive I think seats at ours are 36 and lawn is like 20
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    the tickets prior to fees are $31, but ticketmonster jacks it up another $11
    How far are you from the venue?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    maybe 20-25 minutes
    Ah. I don't know that it would be worth it then. It takes less than ten minutes for me to get to the cincy venue
    i hate our venue, tbh. it's in the SWATS in the middle of a bunch of residential shit right near a cesspool. so it smells bad, is usually ungodly humid and they're super gay about the noise ordinance.
    Will they cut the bands off early or something?
    i've seen it happen before. they cut off the chili peppers when i saw them back in '01. i've seen other bands cut their sets short based on what i'd seen online and what they ended up playing. it's bad for fests because if they get the least little bit behind, the headliner is the one that usually gets clipped. that doesn't bother me with mayhem because i think shitknot is dumpster fodder, but the venue still sucks.
    I've only seen a couple bands get cut short most notable was hatebreed. Type o negative went an extra half hour because everyone was booing them and they wanted to piss everyone off. You'll probably find it funny because you don't like hatebreed but they had to cut their set short. When I talked with the band after their set they were all furious.
    i don't hate hatebreed. i just think they're repetitive. they're kinda like pantera for people that thought pantera was too complicated.

when did they play with type o?
    It was a jag tour. Type o negative was such a killjoy. It wwent from 3 inches of blood then type o to hatebreed. I sat at the back most of type o negatives set I never was a fan.
    funny. type o is the only band i'd care to see on that bill
    I don't see the appeal of type o negative on cd or live. Probably because I gravitate to mostly music that is fast.
    no wonder you dont like tool
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I've only seen a couple bands get cut short most notable was hatebreed. Type o negative went an extra half hour because everyone was booing them and they wanted to piss everyone off. You'll probably find it funny because you don't like hatebreed but they had to cut their set short. When I talked with the band after their set they were all furious.
    Naw man. Type played an hour and half all tour. They played that long here and Hatebreed didn't go on till about 10:30 almost 11. They played till 12:45 though >:)

Type O was pimp.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Sounds like that venue blows ass. If you're gonna go with 50$ in hand to try and find a scalper why don't you see how much tickets are at the venue? They won't have ticketmaster fees out the ass
    imageimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    this is what i was gonna say

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't see the appeal of type o negative on cd or live. Probably because I gravitate to mostly music that is fast.
    imageimage
    I would see tool live is the difference.