Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

I need some input

Comments

• Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Thank you ma'am. And thanks everyone for the info
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Check websites like collegeprowler.com to compare the universities to pick the right one for you and what you want to study. Good luck, Ape!
  • Options
    XenoXeno Posts: 21,010 master of ceremonies

1. Electrical engineering - The best. You learn how to create electronics or make power

I'm very interested in this, but I'm taking Algebra 2 as a goddamned senior, and I have a feeling that the math requirements for a degree like Electrical Engineering that would push the abilities of a superior math student would be downright impossible for me.
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    edited June 2012
    1. Electrical engineering - The best. You learn how to create electronics or make power
    2. Computer Science - it's pretty good. You learn how to make cool software applications like Doom
    3. Computer Engineering - Also the best. It's like #1 and #2 put together. This is my undergrad degree
    This is funny to me because when I was a freshman and trying to figure out my engineering concentration, these were the three I eliminated the quickest. :))

Mechanical engineering is cool though. Basically my field except the physics and dynamics of the objects are altered by the fact that they are in the air. Thus, they are slightly more complicated....especially when you get to space.

Good luck, Apey. I'm glad Ohio State is not a potential choice. :-bd
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The thing about aerospace engineering is that a lot of the things you work with are in a vacuum though, right?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Options
    For the sake of understanding the concepts, you do have to make a lot of assumptions when tackling stuff like aerodynamics and orbital mechanics. As the understanding grows, some assumptions are relaxed, but a lot of them do remain.
  • Options
    LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    I can't give advice on the engineering part, but I agree with Dayna about meeting with an academic adviser. If the one you meet with doesn't seem knowledgeable or competent enough, don't wait until after you've taken a semester's worth of classes to find another one. I got screwed over by my first adviser, which is why I'm suffering through these two online summer classes.

Taking the right classes at the right time is extremely important, especially if a class is only offered at a certain time. So academic advisement is a MUST.

Other than that, good luck!! Having your college education paid for is totally awesome!

>:D<
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Engineering \m/

Go to UC, Ape.
  • Options
    GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Ape gonna be a Bearcat
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    Better than a Buckeye ;)
  • Options
    I would never go to that school as a student.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Ape is gonna be a college dropout. Go Ape!

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Options
    TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    Dont go for Aerospace, theres a guy that works here that has a degree in that and he's dumb as shit. He planned on working at NASA, but there done going to space so he was shit outta luck there. I guess you dont have to be that smart for that particular degree.
    It all depends on the job market, and where your willing to work. I know Mech. Engineer grads that cant find a job in their field unless they move cross country, and theyre not willing to move so they do some b/s job that theyre stuck at. I work mostly with Petrolium Engineers, b/c with the oilfield going berzerk down here jobs are everywhere.
    In my opinion a good one would be IT, or anything with computers, electronics, thats the way the world is going, you can get a good job in those fields anywhere. dont get me wrong Mechanical is good also if the demand is in the are your willing to work in.

Machines and computers make the world go round...

so does pussy and beer, or whatever floats your boat...
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Not like your friend can't do commercial or military planes....
  • Options
    Dont go for Aerospace, theres a guy that works here that has a degree in that and he's dumb as shit. He planned on working at NASA, but there done going to space so he was shit outta luck there. I guess you dont have to be that smart for that particular degree.
    First of all, you're sorely mistaken if you think that NASA is done going to space just because the Space Shuttle program is done. Second, NASA is not the only company you can work for if you want to go to space. Finally, if you don't need to be smart to be an aerospace engineer, we're fucked because our air and space industries aren't going to improve at all. There are idiots in every profession who somehow end up with a degree anyway.
  • Options
    He knows computer stuff, but hands on stuff, he's not the sharpest knife in the kitchen...
    Thats what I dont get.

• Options
    I would never go to that school as a student.
    That's why we are friends. >:D<
  • Options
    @JL
    Well they better think of something, the chinks are trying tobeat us to it..

• Options
    Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    NASA is gettin downsized and all Areospace is going to Corperations.... so Areospace would be something to get into because Corps will pay more than the Gov did

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Options
    Jay is going to build a Prometheus