Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

post a picture of yourself? (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    =;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I didn't realize teachers couldn't drink alcohol
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I guess it can't be documented on their personal fb or else they get in trouble. Which imo is bs
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Fb is private anyway.. How they gonna see it?
    edited August 2013
    If you make it that way it is. Either way I still think it's stupid for consequences to happen at work for some stupid bs posted on fb or the internet for that matter....unless you're stalking little kids. That's different
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    http://www.educationnation.com/index.cfm?objectid=72C543DE-4EA0-11E1-B607000C296BA163

Right or wrong, teachers do get themselves in trouble for posting stuff on Facebook.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    And I think it's bullshit. I won't ever be a teacher for multiple reasons. The fb bs is just the cherry ontop
    imageimage
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Teachers get in trouble for anything and everything. It's even worse for future teachers, honestly. Like, if the people from the College of Education here saw this, I would at the very least get a disposition. Teachers are held to exceptionally high standards when it comes to behavior both inside and outside the classroom. Like, I probably won't be able to tell my students that I listen to metal and go to concerts because you've always got that one kid who goes home to mom and dad and tells them that their teacher listens to devil music and then they come to the school and ask to have him or her removed from the class because I am not the ideal role model...I mean, it wouldn't always be like that, but it's always a possibility, so teachers have to be extremely careful when it comes to revealing anything about their personal lives.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I figured in Alabama they'd be a little loose with that. I mean we had a teacher here who borderline sexually harassed the girls. Like he would pick them up and put them on his shoulders and everything...and the guy just landed an assistant principal job at a middle school lol
    image Photobucket
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    It typically varies from school system to school system. I was friends with 2-3 of my high school teachers before I graduated, and a few more added me after I graduated, which is typically the safest option. But when the two schools in my county combined, they made it a new policy that teachers couldn't be friend with students on Facebook and couldn't communicate with them in any way via Facebook. I understand the concern, but I think it's over the top. There are so many was to use Facebook as a positive classroom/learning tool, and it gets overlooked because of the high concern for inappropriate student/teacher relationships. There are other school systems nearby that aren't as strict, and some that are even more strict. Even in college, I have a few professors who won't add students on Facebook or socialize with them in public in any way until they are out of the classroom/graduated from the university. And then there are others who don't care. I don't think JSU has a set policy, other than don't be stupid about stuff like that. One of the teachers that went on the China trip with me the first time added me on FB after that because we bonded so much on the trip. When we got back, we went out to eat a few times over the summer and so on, but I took her for a class in the fall, and she told me we would have to wait until after the class was completely over with before we could do that again. In many cases, schools leave it up to the teachers to make those decisions and not be stupid about it, but in others, there are crazy policies in place that basically say you can't post anything questionable on the internet because a friend of a student's aunt might see it and say something. And a lot of it is more looking out for teachers than anything, but still...
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

Well, fuck. Now people on Wintersun's page are saying I look like Teemu.

...deceased
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    My sister knew of a p.e. teacher (go figure) that would force some of her friends to come home with him because he was a wrestling coach and had sway over the trainers. When he would get them there, he would try to get it in. It worked on one girl, and she ended up turning it on him and making him buy a bunch of shit for her. Another girl rebuffed him, so he had her kicked out of the training group and leaked it out that she was fucking a black football player. I'm fairly certain that she is Josh Smith's girlfriend right now

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Travis said:

Lea said:

Teachers get in trouble for anything and everything. It's even worse for future teachers, honestly. Like, if the people from the College of Education here saw this, I would at the very least get a disposition. Teachers are held to exceptionally high standards when it comes to behavior both inside and outside the classroom. Like, I probably won't be able to tell my students that I listen to metal and go to concerts because you've always got that one kid who goes home to mom and dad and tells them that their teacher listens to devil music and then they come to the school and ask to have him or her removed from the class because I am not the ideal role model...I mean, it wouldn't always be like that, but it's always a possibility, so teachers have to be extremely careful when it comes to revealing anything about their personal lives.

you know what teachers REEAALLY get in trouble for?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Holy shit, fucking DEAD!!!
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    with the family in NH

fam.jpg 72.1K
    Legs McGee over here...
    imageimage