Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Best and Worst Pokemon Video ever made (directed by me)

sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
edited May 2012 in Off Topic
I'll post this with the youtube description, but if you have any questions afterward about why something happened the way it did, feel free to ask. It's kind of long, but if you're bored, you can thank me later. It's based off the show and the games. I come in towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3jJzi_a69Q

This is a video that my friend and I co-directed for our High School Radio/TV Production class. We had a lot of great ideas planned for this, but it all fell through pretty quick. What happened is that our teacher decided to make us go early before we were ready, and he wouldn't give us an extra day to work, so we had to pound away at our unfinished script hoping to get enough material out to fill a half-hour show. Right after the part with Misty is where we ran out of script and they had to make it all up. From the final battle with Misty on is nothing but pure dicking around. I myself make an appearance as the guy in the Marilyn Manson shirt towards the end while Brantley, my co-director, stayed in the back, embarrassed to be a part of this disaster.

We wanted our teacher to play Professor Oak, but he wouldnt do it.

We had a lot of great ideas, like using the green screen for videos and playing battle scenes from the game boy and N64 games but our teacher decided not to let us do it after all, so while we were pounding away at a script, we were scrambling to find background pictures, and half the time they used the wrong background. Our team were fucking lazy and just left the mics on all the time, which is why you can hear people talking in the background a lot, aside from general background noise (example: SHUT THE FUCK UP in the first five seconds). Everyone had to just read off their script because they had no time to memorize it.

***Coming Soon, Director and Actor commentary***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Directed by Will Haley

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    YOU DIDN'T DO THE ORIGINAL 150!
    VIDEO FAIL.
    WILL NOT WATCH.
    YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
    [-(
    Failception.

It's 151 son.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Not finding Misty hot at all in this adaption.
    image Photobucket
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Not finding Misty hot at all in this adaption.
    Misty was my prom date actually. The video quality is bad.
    YOU DIDN'T DO THE ORIGINAL 150!
    VIDEO FAIL.
    WILL NOT WATCH.
    YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
    [-(
    Hey come on, I made a last-minute script change. If you would have LISTENED, Jake was being Whiny and wanted a Cyndoquil instead of a Charmander. I had it set up to be a charmander/squirtle thing. But the other pokemon mentioned in this vid are from the first 151
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    mew was an add on when the movies came out.
    Mew was in Blue version, which came out in 1996. Mew is in the title sequence for the anime, which came out in 1997. The first movie came out in 1998.

You, ma'am, are incorrect.
    mew was an add on when the movies came out.
    Mew was in Blue version, which came out in 1996. Mew is in the title sequence for the anime, which came out in 1997. The first movie came out in 1998.

This. I was sure that this was common knowledge.
    So did anybody actually watch the whole thing by any chance / is going to?
    If you lived in Japan, then yeah.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

mew never made an actual appearance until the movies. I don't recall mew in blue version.
    I have a mew on my blue version. It's 151.
    Missingno. is a glitch and does not actually count as a Pokemon.
    edited May 2012
    Well it's like drunk driving: You know all the risks associated with it, yet you do it anyway.

Edit: I dont mean you specifically but I meant in general
    So did anybody actually watch the whole thing by any chance / is going to?
    I watched a little but I'm playing me3, sorry

Well can you actually watch it when you have time?
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    I'll watch it later
    ^_^

*attack*

JAKE used ANGER OF THE BLACK MAN! IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    Actually the Pokemon Jynx was originally black instead of Purple but they made Nintendo change it because they thought it was racist or something along those lines
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What pisses me off is that there's female Mr. Mimes. <_>
    edited May 2012
    Yes, she does. Look at this.

Here's some info I found:
    (Bulbapedia)
    As Pokémon became more popular in the US, this perceived similarity to a racist image from America's past offended some. In particular, it had offended children's book author Carole Boston Weatherford, who accused Jynx of being a racist stereotype in an article titled "Politically Incorrect Pokémon" in the magazine Black World Today, shortly after the anime episode Holiday Hi-Jynx aired. Episodes that contained Jynx in its original design were left unaired outside of Japan, including EP250 and portions of All Things Bright and Beautifly, with the exceptions of Stage Fight!, The Mandarin Island Miss Match, and the Who's That Pokémon? segment of It's Mr. Mime Time.

In response to this controversy, Nintendo changed the color of Jynx's dark blue hands and its black face to purple in Pokémon games, including in the international versions of Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. In addition to this, Jynx's facial expression in her Silver sprites were also changed, as was her hair color in both her normal and Shiny forms. Jynx has appeared since using her new design, with the exception of some side-games, with no problems. The Virtual Console version of Pokémon Snap recolors Jynx's face.

And then theres this

What pisses me off is that there's female Mr. Mimes. <_>
    Wow, REALLY? <_> Somebody didn't think that through very well. Maybe Female Mr. Mimes are Trannies.