Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Cold + Nonpoint Review (Grand Rapids, MI)

sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
edited February 2010 in Off Topic
Well first off, I just gotta say that this concert really meant a lot to me, because Cold was the very first "Heavy" band I ever listened to, and they opened the door to metal for me. You can imagine how bummed I was when they broke up in 2006, but also how excited I was when they got back together recently with the announcement of a new album. Also, I missed them the last couple times they came through michigan, so after all these years, I FINALLY got to see them. When I got inside, I bought a Cold hoodie, and then I managed to get right on the rail. this would be very important later.

the first band was some band that wasnt even listed on the bill or the website, I think they were called Edison or something, I will edit it in when I remember it. They were okay, at least they were entertaining. Around the end of their set, they said they had a Suicide Girl working their booth, and I was thinking "I gotta get in on that". More on that later. 6/10

Day of Fire:
I had never even heard of these guys until this tour. I didnt even bother looking them up before I came to the show, but they were much better than what I was expecting (which wasnt much at all). Great stage presence and they sounded all right. Their music kinda reminded me of Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains, which they say are some of their major influences.
7/10

Nonpoint:
Up until Nonpoint, the crowd was strangely calm. I mean, I know Cold isnt really something you mosh to, but still, the crowd just seemed kinda bored. That was BEFORE Nonpoint came on. The lights dimmed, and Queens "We Will Rock You" came over the speakers. After a minute, Nonpoint came out, and they threw a fucking water balloon into the crowd, soaking me and a couple other people. But it was great because it was getting pretty hot in there. The lead singer of Nonpoint has an incredible stage presence, and this is wear everyone started moshing, jumping, and surfing. A couple times, I was actually getting crushed against the rail. When they played "Bullet with a Name", the crowd went absolutely insane.
9/10

Cold:
The first part of this thread really cant express how stoked I was to see cold. I just cant tell you how excited I was. When the lights FINALLY went out for Cold, They had a projection screen with their spider logo against a swirling blue background, as well as a giant spiderweb behind the set. When they finally walked out, it was so amazing. THe drummer had black lights all over his drum kit, and he was wearing a white tux with black light face paint. Scooter sounded amazing, and you better believe I screamed every word to every song, especially at "With my Mind", "Stupid Girl", and "Just Got Wicked". Also, they covered "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Me and this really hot chick were screaming the lyrics at each other which was cool.
Post edited by sbs_will on

Comments