Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comic books

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Review: A Review of The Wolverine

The X-Men movies were a big part of my young life. I had seen the original trilogy, and while the 3rd movie was a dip in quality, I still appreciated it for what it was.

When I had first seen the leaked Comic Con trailer for Wolverine: Origins, my mind was blown. The classic origin tale. Fucking Deadpool AND Gambit! How could this movie fail?

A year passed, and it was finally time. The movie I had waited so long for. And.......

It was the biggest pile of shit ever. Things changed from the comics for the worse, a clusterfuck of characters, and FUCKING REALLY? Deadpool is Baraka? Suck my fucking dick FOX

Then, I hear about a movie called X-Men: First Class. "Great," I think. "Now that they've officially ruined Wolverine, it's time to fuck everything else up."

BUT WAIT. This film had *gasp* .......................good reviews???? I was intrigued.

I bit the bullet and saw it, and by god, it was glorious. Best X-Men film yet.

However, just when I least expected it, another Wolverine solo adventure..........no, I just can't handle this again

I see the first trailer: "oh wow, he loses his healing, it's like the filmmakers are like 'hah, look at Wolverine! We made him a total bitch!"

But wait........lightning strikes twice. Yet again I see good reviews................so I approach cautiously. For this act of courage, I am greatly rewarded.

'The Wolverine' is the palate cleanser fans of the character have been waiting for.

As many reviews I've read have stated, the film does not feel like a traditional superhero movie. It is told as more of a noir.

The action is top notch, and I look forward to seeing the uncut version with gore (coming to DVD and bluray whenever....). The fighting is part of the story, rather than just being thrown in to keep people interested in between stretches of story.

HEAVY traditional Japanese influence. Obviously it's set in Japan but the movie is closer to a samurai or ninja film than what you would expect

The soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal and really sets the tone

I would say that the film is perfect until the section with the Silver Samurai and the mutant "Viper." At that point it starts to stumble and I became worried that it was gonna drop into Origins territory, but in the end it picks itself back up and finishes strong.

Something I did not expect the film to bring back is brought back and ended with, which will be interesting to see how it plays into Days Of Future Past. Speaking of which......

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT END CREDITS SCENE.

The Wolverine makes Nick Fury it's bitch with the greatest comic related post-credits teaser I have ever seen. Days Of Future Past will change lives.

In conclusion, absolutely go see this movie if you get the chance. It's better than most superhero movies and is a really interesting take on the movie version of Wolverine.

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Without spoiling anything, how was Silver Samurai :-?
    Honestly, kinda lame. CG'd to living fuck, reminded me of the retarded thing from Thor.

Don't expect it to be some epic battle like Luke vs. Vader. It's more of a situation than a fight
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    The way they finish it up is sick as fuck though
    >That feel when you find out The Raid Redemption ripped off Dredd and not vice versa
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy

Rated R version of Wolverine coming to Blu-Ray/DVD release.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I really hope it isn't only the Blu Ray.

I'll buy the DVD if it comes with uncut, but I'll pirate the fuck out of it if not
    That shit annoys me. Daredevil was the same way. The unrated version was a completely different movie.

I feel like (for their own sake) they should at least wait to reveal all this blu ray shit until the movie is done in theaters. Now I dont even wanna see it in theaters lol.
    I still think it's good enough to see in theaters.

The dvd version will just be superior.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I don't see why they haven't started just releasing different versions of the films in theaters yet. Just have the r-rated versions play a little later = problem solved
    I want this movie now, holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92YBR9gEyYI
    A "Flash" live action tv show is in development. The character is going to appear on "Arrow" for a story arc in season 2 then branch off onto his own show :-?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i remember the old flash tv show. didn't last long
    Fan made short films are becoming a thing now. Pretty cool.

Here is a link to the Casey Jones (TMNT) one. http://caseyjonesthemovie.com/
    another sentinel image
    edited August 2013
    It's glorious.

This movie is going to show up Avengers so hard
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy