Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Special Pricing...

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2012 in Off Topic
Has anyone ever canceled a service, and then has their gf/wife sign up for the same service to get the introductory service? Like... For High speed internet I am paying 60 bucks a month. If I am a new customer then I can sign up for it for 30 dollars per month for the first year. So If I quit, and then my wife joins, I save 30 bucks per month. Good idea?

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Great idea.
    Usually if you just call em up and bitch about the price and say you are going to leave their service,... that they will cut you the best deal that they have going at the current time, and then lock you in at that price for a year.
    yeah I just did that, and they said "best we can do is 5 dollars off so regular shitty service for 55 dollars". The Turbo service is 30 dollars for a year. He was like "should I change your price" and I said "nope. I will be leaving TMC for frontier so just leave it as is".

But Frontier isnt really any cheaper. I'm thinking I call up and cancel and perhaps they will offer me the deal right then and there. If not then I try and get my wife to sign up.
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    yes do that, then when the introductory is up for her account you can do it again because you will no longer have an account and can then open it in your name.... introductory price again.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    fukkin cheepskate fukkerz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

=D>

[-(

blue turbins

• TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    why pay twice as much, its just corporate america's way of fucking you over.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2012
    why pay twice as much, its just corporate america's way of fucking you over.
    Exactly. Not only that, thie shit-tastic service isnt worth more then 30 dollars but I am forced to pay their jacked up rates because of the government sanctioned monopoly in my area.

Verizon FIOS is the same damn price as my shit-tastic internet... Verizon 15Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. If TMC actually gave me a connection worth it's beans, I'd pay it without trying to skirt the system like I am.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I got TWC internetz 40mps mo fuckas \m/
    fukkin Bumz tryin to cheet teh process

[-(

blue turbins