Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

taxes help - where's Satan when you need him?

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2012 in Off Topic
Hey Satan-

My mortgage company sent me a 1098 corrected mortgage statement that works out in my favor. So I filled out a 1040x amended form, no problem. It says you are supposed to submit any supporting documentation that proves the change. So I know I need to submit all forms/schedules that would have changed... In my case a revised Schedule A and a revised AMT form.

My question is this.. should I submit the corrected 1098 that my bank sent me?

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i don't see why not. don't wanna get audited
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    it wouldn't hurt even tho the mortgage company should submit a copy of the1098 to the irs themselves.... those bastards will look for anything to audit you
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks. Yeah for sure dont want to be audited. Not that they'd find anything. I'm pretty straight on my taxes with the biggest leap being the estimation on my used good donations. I take the 250 cap every year because I do donate a lot. Kinda hard to prove the value one way or the other doe.
    yeah i'm pretty straight on my taxes too but they audited me one year for some money i got in a settlement for a car accident which is non taxable income, guess they weren't expecting me to know this.
    How much trouble was the Audit? Like how time consuming?

And it sounds like the audit worked in your favor? If you thought the car accident money was taxable and claimed it, then it turns out it wasn't taxable, then you should have gotten money back! right?
    i didnt claim it because i knew it was non taxable, i even consulted with and account on this even tho i already knew the answer from the accounting classes i've taken, they were trying to get me to pay taxes on the money.... wrong!! it wasn't any problelm really, i just called them out on trying to get money when they were not due taxes on that money. it was all done over the phone, once they knew they couldn't pull one over on me they dropped it.
    i didnt claim it because i knew it was non taxable, i even consulted with and account on this even tho i already knew the answer from the accounting classes i've taken, they were trying to get me to pay taxes on the money.... wrong!! it wasn't any problelm really, i just called them out on trying to get money when they were not due taxes on that money. it was all done over the phone, once they knew they couldn't pull one over on me they dropped it.
    lol. that is awesome \m/