Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Nolametals Top 150 greatest artists/bands of all time

13»

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    not at all actually, alot of the british invasion bands started as mini elvis' with thaere sad attempts at awesome blues music.. but then they developed into thee own distinctive sound and you know it.... you cannot tell me that fukkin Baba o Reiley or mothers little helper sounds like Smokestack lightning or I aint satisfied <_>
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Actually, most british invasion stuff is just a bastardization of skiffle. Most true rock n roll has pianos and saxophones. I just feel like the reason those bands got so big here is because they didn't have the social constraints linking their music to black culture the way american bands did.
    i obviously agree with you on all the social shit surrounding the music at the time 100 percent... but cant you see your applying your own prejudice on it as well, just from the other side of the spectrum... its still good music.. i love rock n roll i will till the day i day.. you tell me these amazing rock bands that i am missing or are you trying to say that rock no roll and all its passed downed genres arent good because it was influenced by music that was disregarded by the white community?
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    British invasion bands were influanced by Southern USA niggaz Blues Men and actually plagerized most of emz [-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i obviously agree with you on all the social shit surrounding the music at the time 100 percent... but cant you see your applying your own prejudice on it as well, just from the other side of the spectrum... its still good music.. i love rock n roll i will till the day i day.. you tell me these amazing rock bands that i am missing or are you trying to say that rock no roll and all its passed downed genres arent good because it was influenced by music that was disregarded by the white community?
    Nope. I'm saying that you can't ignore elvis because the us was racist and not dock the b.i bands for the same reason

I do find the b.i bands to be tremendously overrated doe. Even the ones i like
    im not ignoring elvis...i would have put elvis on the list but like i said i forgot and idnt feel like fitting him in

on the same note tho, elvis did not write ANY of his material so give me a break... last time i checkedsongs like the kinks Lola and the moody blues nights in white satin sound nothing like the blues or skiffle or whatever the fuck u wanna call it and they actually wrote all the music and words to it, unlike elvis.. you can not like B. I. shit thats fine but you are not giving them the credit they deserve