Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

NASA finds planet that can sustain life

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i read somewhere that some scientists were working on theory's of FTL travel being possible by using pretty much the "mass effect" hate to keep using a video game but its pretty much what it does. using dark energy to lower mass in front of a ship effectivly raising the speed of light. they say were at least a 1000 years from the tech to do it though
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2011
    did you read about the CERN and them getting particles to travel faster then the speed of light?

EDIT - I know we dont have the tech now to do what I said, but I am just saying if we started working on that tech, Im sure there would be many volunteers for the voyage.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    did you read about the CERN and them getting particles to travel faster then the speed of light?

EDIT - I know we dont have the tech now to do what I said, but I am just saying if we started working on that tech, Im sure there would be many volunteers for the voyage.
    yes, i saw Angels and Demons
    HUURRRRDURRRRRR lol
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited December 2011
    There's this scientist that says he's created "negative energy"

But basically, it's the essential component of creating a warp drive; and although he can only create it in a molecular level, its a step in the right direction to making our galaxy smaller.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Nasa discovers Mass relay hidden by the moon.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Nasa discovers chocolate and the secret to the female orgasm.

That actually turned out to be a mistake, an issue with the clocks they were using.

Wormholes are still a plausible theory, just not proven.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    maybe we can make Star Destroyer? or other large Star Wars transport vessel?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Nasa discovers Mass relay hidden by the moon.
    the Charon Relay was orbiting pluto
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i read somewhere that some scientists were working on theory's of FTL travel being possible by using pretty much the "mass effect" hate to keep using a video game but its pretty much what it does. using dark energy to lower mass in front of a ship effectivly raising the speed of light. they say were at least a 1000 years from the tech to do it though
    Warp theory

That actually turned out to be a mistake, an issue with the clocks they were using.

Wormholes are still a plausible theory, just not proven.
    ahhh... thanks for the update. I missed the official update.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i heard a theory somewhere that outer space is like a fabric and with the proper space craft you can bend it and go faster then the speed of light or something. mighta been on ancient aliens.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Yeah that's what wormholes are.
    i heard a theory somewhere that outer space is like a fabric and with the proper space craft you can bend it and go faster then the speed of light or something. mighta been on ancient aliens.
    Someones been watching event horizon :))
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    This kinda puts a kink in the Christian explanation of things I think.
    The fact that the earth isn't in the center of the universe puts a kink in the Christian explanation of things.
    it has many kinks this is just another one
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I believe the church acknowledged years ago that there is a possibility of life on other planets...
    I love winning with women
    I believe the church acknowledged years ago that there is a possibility of life on other planets...
    depends on the church. most try to avoid it now, at least the ones i know of. it just kinda kills the jesus came to save us and only us and take us to heaven idea. what did jesus go die there after here, maybe before? who gets first dibs then?