Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Dog Rescues Kittens Left For Dead On Roadside

Behemoth24Behemoth24 Posts: 469 salt miner
edited December 2011 in Off Topic
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/05/dog-rescues-kittens-from-_n_1129595.html

(There's a video in the link)

In a heroic story beyond reason, a yellow lab named Reagan made a discovery on an Iowa roadside that saved two precious lives.

Two kittens had been sealed into a bag of Meow Mix, left on a roadside and run over by traffic on a rural Iowa highway about three months ago, WHOTV.com reports.

It was Reagan the dog who dragged the bag home and whined until his owner opened it. Reagan's owner discovered two kittens barely hanging onto life, while the rest of the litter hadn't survived, prompting a call to the Raccoon Valley Animal Sanctuary.

"There was a litter of four or five of them and you couldn't tell if there were two or three [in the bag]...they had been run over by a vehicle. It was not a pretty sight," Linda Blakely of the animal shelter told WHOTV.com.

The Raccoon Valley Animal Sanctuary is now housing the two kittens -- Skipper and Tipper -- who weren't originally expected to live through the ordeal. The two were bottled-fed every two hours and are now back to their normal lively selves, the news outlet reports.

Thanks to Reagan, both kittens are now up for adoption through the Raccoon Valley Animal Sanctuary.

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    God, I can't imagine opening that bag.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I'm gonna go adopt them
  • Behemoth24Behemoth24 Posts: 469 salt miner
    God, I can't imagine opening that bag.
    I can't even imagine. I will intentionally avoid certain roads because I know there is a dead cat (or other animal) in the road.

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited December 2011
    Whoa. That made me tear up. Such adorable kittens.
    Post edited by KridesBrideBritt on
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    why the fuck would someone do that...
    imageimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah. people are fucked up. when i was a kid me, my dad, and my bro were at park and i was off doing my own thing kicking around a soccer ball or something and my bro and my dad were running around the fields and they found a kitten near a dranage ditch or something. i wanted to keep it so my dad went to all the houses on that road to see if anyone lost a cat and they all said no so we took it home. took it to the vet and it was healthy, nothing wrong with it. i ended up naming him Rascal. we already had 1 cat (named Boots) at the time and they didnt get a long at first but they pretty much became like best friends and they would sleep up against each other on the same couch or bed or whatever. like 3 or so years later Rascal became very sick. we took him to the vet and it turned out he had highly contagious lachemia (sp?) so we had to put him to sleep so he wouldn't spread the disease to Boots. i have no idea how animals feel or think but i coulda sworn at the time that Boots kept looking for Rascal for a good while after we had to put him down. anyway, looking back im glad we were able to give him a good, happy life before he died.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    lukemia is a cancer...how can it be contagious?
    imageimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    yeah. people are fucked up. when i was a kid me, my dad, and my bro were at park and i was off doing my own thing kicking around a soccer ball or something and my bro and my dad were running around the fields and they found a kitten near a dranage ditch or something. i wanted to keep it so my dad went to all the houses on that road to see if anyone lost a cat and they all said no so we took it home. took it to the vet and it was healthy, nothing wrong with it. i ended up naming him Rascal. we already had 1 cat (named Boots) at the time and they didnt get a long at first but they pretty much became like best friends and they would sleep up against each other on the same couch or bed or whatever. like 3 or so years later Rascal became very sick. we took him to the vet and it turned out he had highly contagious lachemia (sp?) so we had to put him to sleep so he wouldn't spread the disease to Boots. i have no idea how animals feel or think but i coulda sworn at the time that Boots kept looking for Rascal for a good while after we had to put him down. anyway, looking back im glad we were able to give him a good, happy life before he died.
    :((
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Feline Lukemia is contagious and can go from cat to cat. That's probably what Rascal had.
    edited December 2011
    Feline Lukemia is contagious and can go from cat to cat. That's probably what Rascal had.
    yeah, idk the ins and outs of it cause i was 12 when we had to put him to sleep but thats what i remember being told.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    the dog was just hungry...
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i was driving home a couple of years ago when i noticed some little kittens in the road next to a bridge. i know how people are about dumping unwanted cats, so i stopped to see how many there were. i caught 2 of them, but the 3rd ran off into the woods. they were really thin and starving, so i took them home with me. my pit bulls thought they were food, so i had to keep them in my dryer overnight to keep the dogs away from them. the next day, i took them over to my parents and had them playing in the back yard when one of their neighbor children came up. he told me that they had some friends who had just had their family cat die due to old age. long story short: they called the family, who came over with their 3 and 5 year old kids and instantly fell in love with the kittens and took them home.

true story
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Who knew satan had a heart
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    the good karma resulted in me with my current girl and my son \m/
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So you used the system to your advantage
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Cats are worthless creatures anyways.
    so are your kids
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited December 2011
    Ya my kids are worthless.
    They never pick up their toys.
    parenting fail
    i was driving home a couple of years ago when i noticed some little kittens in the road next to a bridge. i know how people are about dumping unwanted cats, so i stopped to see how many there were. i caught 2 of them, but the 3rd ran off into the woods. they were really thin and starving, so i took them home with me. my pit bulls thought they were food, so i had to keep them in my dryer overnight to keep the dogs away from them. the next day, i took them over to my parents and had them playing in the back yard when one of their neighbor children came up. he told me that they had some friends who had just had their family cat die due to old age. long story short: they called the family, who came over with their 3 and 5 year old kids and instantly fell in love with the kittens and took them home.

true story
    :-bd
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    the dog was just hungry...
    Kill yourself
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    My world history teacher's cat has cat aids.