Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Top 3 metal albums/artists of all time

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2011
    a new level
    fucking hostile
    walk
    live in a hole
    by demons be driven
    mouth for war
    this love

yea try again wake, its not even close
    5 Minutes Alone
    I'm Broken
    Slaughtered
    25 Years
    Shedding Skin
    Becoming
    Planet Caravan
    Strength Beyond Strength
    Throes Of Rejection

boom
    you know Planet Caravan is a cover song right?
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I should have included A New Level. My bad. But yeah I love 25 years. song is dope.

Really though I feel like this debate is silly because I fucking love Vulgar. It's like having a debate about which metallica album is better MP/RTL/Justice. Bottom line is I love FBD and Love Vulgar. Do I think you are crazy for liking Vulgar more? Nope... totally understand why. Fantastic album. Which do I like better personally? FBD because overall I like the whole album more then the whole album of vulgar by a little. Vulgar for sure has a few songs that are the best pantera songs ever. Better then every song on FBD.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    every single song on fbd is perfect
    not every song on vdop is perfect

I definetly thing that vulgar is by far one of the most important cds in metul history but it just doesnt compare to how perfect fbd is
    theres a reason that only one of them went #1
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    a new level
    fucking hostile
    walk
    live in a hole
    by demons be driven
    mouth for war
    this love

yea try again wake, its not even close
    5 Minutes Alone
    I'm Broken
    Slaughtered
    25 Years
    Shedding Skin
    Becoming
    Planet Caravan
    Strength Beyond Strength
    Throes Of Rejection

boom
    you know Planet Caravan is a cover song right?
    did you know that dog food is for dogs???
    8-}
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    L-)

I definetly thing that vulgar is by far one of the most important cds in metul history but it just doesnt compare to how perfect fbd is

Yes because album sales is so important in Metal.
    8-|

The reason it went to #1 was because they were still living off the momentum of VDOP.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

it went number one because of the previous album.... unless someone buys it because they heard it at a friends or a song on the radio, you bought a cd cuz you liked the previous album which would be vulgar........ and the only song im not nuts about on vulgar is No Good..fbd i think is more mainstream fan assessable and its not as good.... its like why palaces is better than ashes of the wake with lamb of god...its just a little to polished and mainstream for me i prefer a little more raw
    Dude... that's where I disagree with you. You realize that Vulgar sold more albums then FBD right? FBD went #1 because that was the time when Grunge was so popular, and FBD came out as the lone real popular metal band. Vulgar still had competition from Metallica at that point, where FBD was pretty much it two years later.
    it went number one because of the previous album.... unless someone buys it because they heard it at a friends or a song on the radio, you bought a cd cuz you liked the previous album which would be vulgar........ and the only song im not nuts about on vulgar is No Good..fbd i think is more mainstream fan assessable and its not as good.... its like why palaces is better than ashes of the wake with lamb of god...its just a little to polished and mainstream for me i prefer a little more raw
    :)) funny you'd say that because I'd say Ashes of the Wake is a better album the Palaces. Dont get my wrong, love both albums... But think Ashes is the best of LOG.
    ok I'll just leave it to this. I just really like the feel of fbd.. Every Pantera album is different, they seemed to get heavier every album... And Far Beyond driven just has that perfect combination of heaviness and soul... I bought Vulgar Display of Power when I was 15 and Pantera instantly became my favorite band.. It wasnt untill a couple months later that I bought FBD, and it took a while after that for me to realize that I really did like it better than Vulgar.. I give VDOP its props but if I was on a long car drive and had to listen to one cd over and over again it would be Far Beyond Driven every time
    Fair enough........but you also listed maybe the worst Slayer album.

discuss Pictures, Images and Photos

Discuss

Discuss
    :)) =)) True. If you are listing slayer you pretty much have a choice between Reign in Blood and South of Heaven.
    and Seasons In The Abyss
    edited December 2011
    fine. nothing else though.

discuss Pictures, Images and Photos

Discuss
    i enjoy that album thoroughly...
    opinions are like assholes....
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    :)) funny you'd say that because I'd say Ashes of the Wake is a better album the Palaces. Dont get my wrong, love both albums... But think Ashes is the best of LOG.
    I have to agree ashes is my favorite as well. Omertà and remorse are my 2 fav song by them and the rest is amazing. I do agree wit Nola it was a little more polished, but I think that reflects them growing in skill. They have gotten tighter and at times makes them sound softer.
    O and vulgar is my 2nd favorite by pantera. Cowboys just wins because of domination and cemetery gates.

I think vulgar would have to be there best album( not my personal choice) only because it has walk on it. That song is kinda their legacy outside real fans. It's their cherry pie lol
    My favorite two from Ashes are The Faded Line and Laid To Rest.
    My favorite two from Ashes are The Faded Line and Laid To Rest.
    Laid to rest and now you've got.... Are the two song I can't listen to from them anymore. Laid was one of my fav till I played it out for myself.