Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

happy thanksgiving!

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My wife always puts out meat and cracker and veggie dips all day long which are totally awesome. get to kick back, watch a little ball and grub all day long. Love it \m/
    I've never been a turkey fan... I always try to convince the person whose house I'm goin to for thanksgiving to have a nice big glazed ham as well... now thats something I'm thankfull for **==
    Yeah... I love the ham too... However that ham on a sandwich can not compete against that turkey on a sandwich. If you've never had that before, you must this year. and dont say "I've had a turkey sandwich from subway or delly cut turkey sandwich, because that just doesnt compare to cold shredded turkey sandwich with a little mayo, little cheese, lettice, tomotao... fucking love that shit!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    of course I've had turkey leftover sandwich =;
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    At work we are having our big thanksgiving dinner at lunch. Should be good I love when we get food catered
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    My favorite part has always been the side dishes anyway, especially the stuffing.
    and pie
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited November 2011
    I think the best part of thanksgiving is the week of cold turkey sandwiches afterwards. I've never been all that crazy about hot fresh turkey on thanksgiving... but no lunch beats those cold turkey sandwiches! mmmmmmhmmmmmm
    so good with a little bit of ketchup and a slice of tomato and potato chips on the sandwich.
    edited November 2011
    of course I've had turkey leftover sandwich =;
    well not everyone eats leftovers, so it had to be said.... Probably the greatest leftovers of any home cooked food.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    ok PETA has gone full retard on this one

PETA Begs Turkey, TX to Change Its Name to ‘Tofurky’

Earlier this week, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) publically criticized Mario, the wholly fictional Nintendo character, for occasionally killing Tanooki and wearing its skin for magical powers. In their effort to draw attention to Tanuki—Japanese raccoon-dogs which are regularly killed for their skins—PETA just seemed kind of nuts.

Now, the activist organization has made a new request: that the town of Turkey, Texas change its name to “Tofurky” for Thanksgiving. In doing so, PETA believes the small town of 494 inhabitants could bring national attention to the plight of turkeys.

What’s in it for Turkey?

The letter explains:

I am writing on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and our more than 3 million members and supporters, including thousands in Texas, with an idea that will boost Turkey into the spotlight and promote compassion: Rename your town “Tofurky” for Thanksgiving. If you agree to adopt this moniker for just one day, we’d be happy to provide a delicious, healthy vegan holiday feast for all the town’s residents.

After describing turkeys’ struggles it goes on:

PETA’s feast would feature Tofurky with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes (made with vegan margarine), and vegan apple pie topped with vanilla dairy-free ice cream. Introducing vegan cuisine to your residents would help improve their health: A vegan diet is free of the saturated animal fats and cholesterol found in meat and dairy products, and according to the American Dietetic Association, a vegan diet reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and obesity.

While the thought is sweet, offering to pay the town back with a Tofurky buffet large enough to feed 494 people is a little like saying, “If you do my math homework, I’ll pee on the floor in your bedroom, cool?”—more of a punishment than thank you present.

I suppose if Turkey did go along with the request, they could attract national attention and eventually lure vegan inhabitants to move there, and maybe open up a few Yoga studios and even a Whole Foods. If they changed their name for good, in a decade Tofurky, Texas could be a mini-Austin, just without the art scene and sick barbecue.

Unfortunately for PETA, that’s about the last thing the people of Turkey seem to want.

“I think it’s about the stupidest thing Iv’e ever heard,” one inhabitant told Action 4 News. “No, we love Turkey, and we’re not about to change our name,” said another.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited November 2011
    LOLWUT. Butthurt faggots :))
    I love winning with women
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Oh my god. Why do people give money to that shit? They aren't doing fucking anything for animals.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Peta - offended by japanese folklore but not stomping on turtles
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Best part about thanksgiving is pumpkin pie =P~
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Funny thing in Texas. For Thanksgiving you choose between turkey, ham, or briskit lol
    another reason why texas sux
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    another reason why texas sux
    only reason texas is even worth having is ron paul
    and alexis texas, pending if shes actually from texas....
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    its thanksgiving today? da fuck? @-)
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    it was a week ago (*)
    did we have halloween yet?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Halloween is December 25th, gawd Skully are you even American?
    nah. im New Jerseyian