Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coal Chamber to Reform

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    [-(
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    edited September 2011
    Pantera > Down. But i forgive you. >:D<
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Both bands are pretty boring anyways...
    Arlo.....
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Arlo.....
    Look, I don't hate Pantera, and maybe this partly has to do with the fact that because I live near Dallas I constantly have this band rammed down my throat by everyone around here, but I'm just getting tired of this huge constant infatuation with them. They're alright, but because Dimebag died they get friggin Tupac status in the metal world. Oh and I've never gotten into Down.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    could you imagine getting the see coal chamber, Machine head and Pantera on the same bill? :(
    I was there. Great tour. Alot of other notables on that bill as well.
    Arlo.....
    Look, I don't hate Pantera, and maybe this partly has to do with the fact that because I live near Dallas I constantly have this band rammed down my throat by everyone around here, but I'm just getting tired of this huge constant infatuation with them. They're alright, but because Dimebag died they get friggin Tupac status in the metal world. Oh and I've never gotten into Down.
    Ok i can understand that completely.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited September 2011
    because Dimebag died they get friggin Tupac status in the metal world.

wrong they were gigantic before dimebag died....its sure they gained more mainstream coverage with his death....but i am so sick of people blaming there metal status on the fact that dime was killed

Tupac was pretty damn popular before he got shot too. Dimebag getting killed played a huge part as to how they're viewed today.
    maybe towards the mainstream media and to kids who learned to like metal because of slipknot and limp bizkit......to true metal fans they were gigantic way before he died....but yeah it is kinda annoying
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    anyone remember when coal chamber got kicked off the icp tour because they weren't bringing enough of a crowd?
    maybe towards the mainstream media and to kids who learned to like metal because of slipknot and limp bizkit......to true metal fans they were gigantic way before he died....but yeah it is kinda annoying
    Yeah by no means am I trying to say that they became popular because of this, the infatuation has just kinda overstayed its welcome. I can understand if a band like Hellyeah wants to mention them, or maybe a band paying tribute around the anniversary of his death, but almost every single concert here has some mentioning of Pantera, even the sceney shows, and kids go crazy like they were lifelong fans. Oh and I'll never forget this gem that happened right in front of me during Mayhem:

Granted it was actually pretty cool to see, but my point still stands lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_V3o37uEAs&amp;feature=related
    yeah...its not jammed down my throat like it is yours so i can understand the way you feel lol...i do get annoyed with the whole mention it at every concert thing...i wouldn't mind it with Machine head seems as they toured with them and what not....but 5fdp and shit you know
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Arlo.....
    As a lifelong pantera fan, as well as being originally from Oklahoma (where they are just as over talked about) I can agree with this statement....LOVE the band and their contribution to metal, but Dimebag's "RIP" shit has been fetishized.....
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    I'm somewhat interested to see what might come of this.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    I'm somewhat interested to see what might come of this.
    WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?

LURK MUCH????