Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Mayhem Fest 2012 Thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    yikes it was true about the one stop in texas

Rockstar Energy Drink Main Stage

DEVIL WEARS PRADA 6:05-6:35
    MOTORHEAD 6:55-7:45
    SLAYER 8:15-9:15
    SLIPKNOT 9:45-10:55

JAGERMEISTER STAGE

Jager Band: TURBID NORTH 6:00-6:20
    ASKING ALEXANDRIA 6:30-7:00
    AS I LAY DYING 7:15-7:45
    ANTHRAX 8:00-8:35
    If only they had switched out AA with Whitechapel and you'd be set to go.
    inb4lists
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Those times are completely fucked
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I just noticed the Anthrax set time ... damn #-o
    inb4lists
    So i just signed up to help, i get free admission and backstage access and get to meet any artists that we run into \:D/

The catch is i will have to pick up trash and basically miss every band playing before Anthrax :-<

The good news is AILD are opening my main stage so the only band worth while I'll be missing are UABB and Whitechapel, both of which I've seen before.

\m/ \:D/ :-bd
    inb4lists
    Liar
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Here's a message from your VolunteerSpot organizer, Laura Murphy, Unite The United Volunteer Corps leader:

Dear Brandon

Thank you for signing up for Mayhem Eco Initiative. You have the following upcoming commitment(s):

For Friday, July 13

* Mayhem Eco Initiative Volunteers (2 spots) from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm - Gathering recyclable materials on the festival grounds, backstage and from the VIP/Artist areas

inb4lists
    Liar
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    So they made you a janitor...?
    I love winning with women
    So they made you a janitor...?
    Not exactly lol, Mayhem teamed up with something called "Unite The United", i mean yeah i will have to pick up trash during it, but still, I'm getting in free, i get to see the 5 bands i actually care about, and i might end up meeting some of them. So I'm good.
    inb4lists
    That's pretty cool. You don't see a ton of them in the VIP area tbh doe. They're all backstage and in their busses. Of all the people at Mayhem last year, I only met Jasta, Windstein, Dan Donagan, Sully Erna, Anders Friend and the guys in Red Fang.
    Friden*

Fucking phone.
    I would love to meet Windtsein, I've met Machine Head and Red Fang, i bumped into David Ellefson as he was walking towards the Jager tent to sig, and shoot his hand, but i couldn't go over and get something signed because the tent was fucking 21+ :(

I would love to meet the guys in Slipknot or Slayer or AILD, but I'm mainly interested in meeting Anthrax, more specifically Charlie Benante.

Do you think, i am taking my Anthrax LP with me, if i don't have the time to go to the tent and get in line to get it signed, if i don't bump into them, the people backstage would get it signed?

inb4lists
    Well I don't see the issue why they wouldn't.
    Cot damn, this is going to be the nicest Mayhem yet if it turns out to be true \m/

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOL 95. that sucks
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Dude I'll take the fuck out of that.

Mayhem '10 was 116, all sun.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    LOL 95. that sucks
    95 isn't bad actually
    imageimage
    It would be miserable here today if mayhem was going on. It's going to be 103 with high humidity
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    hi-94
    low-65

i'll take that \m/