Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Mayhem Fest 2012 Thread

Comments

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    soad>motorhead [-(
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    soooo jizzguzzler is not playing?
    =))
    At least it's a band worth watching and not something dumb like emo or dragonforce
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Motörhead will be chill hopefully. From what Lenny said I guess they really will have a shorter set and Slipknot/Slayer will get longer sets \m/
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If somebody's being a dick to me I'm not just gonna be like "oh gee, what an interesting point you made!"

I love how I'm generally nice to everybody but people always have to attack me here, and then be all like "u mad bro?!?" and shit like that when I defend myself. It's annoying bullshit.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i just dont get how a bad ass rock n roll god like Lemmy doesnt get much respect but you peeps can suck fags like dickinsons cock... is it all cuz of the voice, what are we all a bunch of American idol fags or something?lol
    i just dont get how a bad ass rock n roll god like Lemmy doesnt get much respect but you peeps can suck fags like dickinsons cock... is it all cuz of the voice, what are we all a bunch of American idol fags or something?lol
    I agree w/ the first part of the statement, but what an absolute horrible example to throw out there. You could have gone in so many different directions there, but you just made yourself fall right into xeno, facefuck, marcus territory right thurr.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    That was pretty lame
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    not really they are both pretty different lead singers

one is a more traditional bad ass, drinking rocker, tough voice, but still cool and not an asshole

the other is a pretentious non tradiotional more flamboyant voice, not really cool but rather annoying

the reason i compared them is one is like beloved the other is like meh, the only reason i could understand this is either its just kiddies sucking maidens dick cuz its the thing to do nowadays or its all in the voice which is still a pretty gay reason imo
    Rose McGowan rolls eyes Pictures, Images and Photos

Both are legends. I agree w/ some of the fags on here disrespecting Lemmy, but for the most part anybody who knows anything about metal highly respects Lemmy and Bruce. You attempts at trolling fail. Again there were a million other people you could have brought up.
    i dont highly respect anyone who i think is an asshole, lemmy is not one at all and imo dickinson is - regardless of how i feel about theyre music.... i dont highly respect axl rose and i like GNR alot...
    Trick question, Lemmy is god.

Anyway I despise gnr and the main part of that is axl rose. I would never see him or the original lineup based off the fact I think he is a piece of shit.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i understand and support that POV.. if an artist/bands are assholes i will still listen to the music if i like it, but i will think twice about seeing them in concert and it bugs me alot
    I guess some people are just more sensitive than others.
    I won't even listen to gnr lol
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    motorhead are kinda the crossroads between metal and old school hardcore anyways. people always want to criticize them for not being particularly musical, but when you're playing music like theirs, musicianship isn't really important. i always consider in my appraisal of motorhead their influence on subsequent generations of music...which is monumental. there are tons of crust/punk/death/black/hardcore/d-beat/etc bands out there that owe their sound to motorhead. the way lemmy sang opened doors for tons of people to step up to a mic and shout without regard for previous assumptions on what a singer should be. that is a really important thing for the evolution of metal. people either don't know or forget that motorhead also brought speed to metal. most metal bands prior to them were either stoner-ish doom sounding slow stuff that pined for early sabbath or exagerrated english rawk bands. without motorhead's success, i won't say that extreme metal wouldn't have existed, but it would've taken a lot longer to take hold. i don't see how you can ignore that.
    motorhead are kinda the crossroads between metal and old school hardcore anyways. people always want to criticize them for not being particularly musical, but when you're playing music like theirs, musicianship isn't really important. i always consider in my appraisal of motorhead their influence on subsequent generations of music...which is monumental. there are tons of crust/punk/death/black/hardcore/d-beat/etc bands out there that owe their sound to motorhead. the way lemmy sang opened doors for tons of people to step up to a mic and shout without regard for previous assumptions on what a singer should be. that is a really important thing for the evolution of metal. people either don't know or forget that motorhead also brought speed to metal. most metal bands prior to them were either stoner-ish doom sounding slow stuff that pined for early sabbath or exagerrated english rawk bands. without motorhead's success, i won't say that extreme metal wouldn't have existed, but it would've taken a lot longer to take hold. i don't see how you can ignore that.
    This and ive never been a fan of maiden, I guess I'm right in that age group where I was to young to understand and to old to get into it the second time around. I have never really been into high pitched vocals either.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nola explain why you think Dickinson is an asshole go