Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vintage Thread

Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
edited August 2011 in Off Topic
Posteth your VINTAGE SWAG

I got this cassette tape today at a barn sale..... the tape is in killa shape
imageimageimage

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    You haz a tape deck?
    I bet it's a boom box
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    i dont have a player i just wanted it for my collection of out dated shit

[-(

blue turbins

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think I still have that tape as well. I threw that shit in my basement. my tapes included zombie, NIN, metallica, pantera, slayer, megadeth, nirvana, hmmm.... idk what else. They are in pretty good condition too because I keep them in some sort of tape cassette holder. I'll probably throw them away someday.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Mmmm a tape cassette holder.....mmmm
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think I still have that tape as well. I threw that shit in my basement. my tapes included zombie, NIN, metallica, pantera, slayer, megadeth, nirvana, hmmm.... idk what else. They are in pretty good condition too because I keep them in some sort of tape cassette holder. I'll probably throw them away someday.
    Sell them. My friend bought these gigantic boxes of old metal tapes from this shop closing down a few years ago and he is still selling some on ebay and making decent money. He had an old Incubus "Serpent Temptation" cassette and sold it for $75 when he bought it for .50 cents. He just sold something as basic as Obituary's "Slowly We Rot" for $10.. again a tape he bought for .50 cents.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I think I still have this somewhere in my room or attic back at home

I love winning with women
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    ive been collecting records for the past year or so. I'll go throught them then and start posting some pics of the better ones i have.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Yeah I've got tons and tons of records that my dad has sort of given to me within the past year. I'll post them all this weekend.
    I love winning with women
    Sell them. My friend bought these gigantic boxes of old metal tapes from this shop closing down a few years ago and he is still selling some on ebay and making decent money. He had an old Incubus "Serpent Temptation" cassette and sold it for $75 when he bought it for .50 cents. He just sold something as basic as Obituary's "Slowly We Rot" for $10.. again a tape he bought for .50 cents.
    no shit? $75 is a lot for something I consider basically worthless. records I can understand, but tapes were an awful medium.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i have like 300+ records with such gems as micheal jacksons thriller, tina turners private dancer and barry manilow greatest hits
    I have micheal jacksons thriller on vinyl too! \m/ my dad gave that to me from his collection.
    yeah everyone has thriller
    well it was one of the greatest albums made in the 80's.
    yeah most of mine are shit cuz i buy them by the lot at yard sales and shit but i do have sabbaths paranoid, zeppelins in through the out door, quiet riots mental heath, ummagumma by pink floyd aswell as 2 copies of dark side of the moon, lots of deep purple and stones, john lennons imagine
    ive been collecting records for the past year or so. I'll go throught them then and start posting some pics of the better ones i have.
    i bought a shit ton of Vynals Pink Floyd ozzy Dio at a yard sale for like 2 bucks

[-(

blue turbins

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    I have some rare metal ones. and a few Elvis ones in wrapping which can be very valuable. Some of my favorite records i have are Armored Saint- March of the Saint and all the Grim Reaper albums i have more well known ones too like Ride the Lightening and Kill em All. I gota look through them all again though
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    no shit? $75 is a lot for something I consider basically worthless. records I can understand, but tapes were an awful medium.
    not really if you bought a new tape then dubbed it and listened to your dubbz and kept masters they were alright, plus for the first time you could pirate shit at home with cassettes

[-(

blue turbins

i have a 1776 Continental Currencey coin and its authentic because Currency is misspelled
    i have several 1888 silver coins and a bunch others

[-(

blue turbins

I still have the live feed where they beheaded that dude
    the 1776 coin has been appraised at 100,000 dollars, I have it in a Safe Deposit Box..... I have a friend he has Confedarate Monay from the cival war he wont come off of it though Ive offered him like a grand for just one of the Bills and a couple coins and he still wouldnt do it....I have a shit ton of wheat pennies and a couple buffalo nickles from the 1800's

[-(

blue turbins