Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Thrice at ASU (2/19/10)

OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
edited February 2010 in Off Topic
A night that went from cool to upsetting to cool to upsetting to amazing.

Let me first start off by saying this: What made this upsetting at first was how the crowd here acted. Yes, it WAS a concert with a bunch of college kids, but I have never seen a more disrespectful crowd in my entire life. Not towards the performers -they were fine to them- but to each other. People had NO idea how to act in the pits. It's common courtesy to pick somebody up when they fall right? Nope. It's more fun to kick them when they're down. I was almost kicked out for starting a fight with a guy who intentionally stepped on a girl's throat when she fell. Ozzfest, Mayhem, you name it... I have never see the inconsideration there that there was here tonight. When Taking Back Sunday came here in August, everything went smoothly, so I have no clue what got into people tonight. But it was really uncool.

Anyways,the concert was pretty darn near awesome. Dear and the Headlights opened, didn't like them. Story of the Year was meh. Believe it or not, they got a decent sized circle pit going at the end, but with all the above mentioned incidents going on throughout their set.

Thrice made a real comeback. The last two times I saw them, they disappointed me, so they needed to redeem themselves this time. With the exception of Artist In The Ambulance and Paper Tigers, the setlist was pretty iffy...

...until the encore. Stare at the Sun done with only the singer. No lead guitar, drums, or bass. Just him and the crowd. Mindblowing. So Jacob, all in all, it was pretty good. lol

And I'll have the pics I managed to get up tomorrow for sure.
I love winning with women
Post edited by OPP on

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shows like this tend to be people's first show, and that guy who stomped on throats probably was just trying to act tough. I don't see a situation where "hey man, I saw you stomp that bitch's throat out man, that was awesome *high five and bro hug ensues*" happens though.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Coolio. I wouldn't go see them headline, but if they're supporting a band I want to see I'll give them another chance........
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Security didn't do shit either, which made it way more chaotic and scary. It was pretty much up to a few good people (that's not to put myself in a high and mighty position lol) to keep assholes in line.
    Alex, when I was at Thrash and Burn, aka scenefest '09, it was awful. hardcore dancing everywhere, and there was this one guy next to me who was in front of some asshole who kept trying to get around him. The guy trying to get around him said fuck you man, and the guy next to me turns around and punches him in the face. It was terrible.
    I feel you there. That's how it was for this too. And people thought that the way to try and move their way to the front was by grabbing other peoples faces and pulling them back. I was disgusted. I don't think I've ever yelled at more people at a concert for being plain retarded than I did tonight.
    Here's the various pics I took throughout the day. They brought 3 truckloads of snow for a snowboard competition, had a Motocross competition, and of course the concert. I didn't get any of Dear and the Headlight, but eh no loss there really. lol

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Story of the Year:
    Photobucket

Thrice:
    Photobucket
    More Thrice:
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    snowboarding in arizona would be a serious mindfuck
    It melted within 5 hours lol
    You can actually see it in that first pic where there's the green part on the ramp where it started. That's after about 1 hour into the competition. They had to cut it short :/
    Oh yeah, and I ended up with 6 free copies of the new Story of the Year album. XD