Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bitchin Bikez

2»

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    yeah crotch rockets are for bro incorporated fagz
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Totally. it is no coincidence that Sport bikes have 10x the accident rate of any other two wheeled vehicle. There should just be a law, no crotch rockets for dudes under thirty.
    I think for that bike to go forward, you'd have to peddle backwards. funny.
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    im buying this next week...hopefully

2. joined the military I'm being serious here- what's your riding history? Is there anything I can say to steer you away from that death trap?
    ive always wanted one. plus it's what i can afford for something that will be my primary vehicle until my truck gets fixed.
    You should get this instead Yamaha Vstar 950.

It is more power then that crotch rocket you have your eyes on, but it will give you a different riding mentality. It's kind of like the difference between driving a really powerful high HP truck verses a sports car. You get behind the sports car and your mind is all "fuck yeah... lets take this to 200!" where you get behind the truck and you feel like off roading or something. Get a cruiser so it puts you in the mindset to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I know people who ride sports bikes and are some of the safest riders on the road. I bet you wont be one of them and that bike will be the death of you.
    hmmm that is a nice looking bike. i'll look into it and see if there is a dealer around here.

:L
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    hmmm that is a nice looking bike. i'll look into it and see if there is a dealer around here.
    \m/ Maybe you are different then most other people, but riding different types of bikes really does typically change your thought process. A sports bike makes you feel almost invincible and it is so easy to let your guard down. You gotta ride a motorcycle like everyone on the road is trying to kill you, because basically they are. It's so easy for a car not to see you and pull out and then your are gone... So you always gotta be scanning, looking, anticipating, planning your escape route. I would say at least once every two times I go out on my bike, someone does something that would have caused an accident if I was not looking for it. The good news is, it is 10 times easier to avoid accidents on a bike then it is a car, but you always gotta be looking for it.

Since you haven't ever rode before, I'd actually recommend trying to buy a 15 year old honda shadow 500 off of cregslist or something. Get something smaller and crappier so you wont feel bad if you accidentally dump it. But if you dont want to do that, then get a cruiser like I posted.... the cost is the same and it will improve your chances of not dying. here is another one you should consider:

Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

I didnt suggest it before because that is what I own. I love it. totally sweet ride.

edited July 2011
    This thread makes me want to drive my bike after work.
    I've rode my bike to work for the last two months \m/
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    \m/ Maybe you are different then most other people, but riding different types of bikes really does typically change your thought process. A sports bike makes you feel almost invincible and it is so easy to let your guard down. You gotta ride a motorcycle like everyone on the road is trying to kill you, because basically they are. It's so easy for a car not to see you and pull out and then your are gone... So you always gotta be scanning, looking, anticipating, planning your escape route. I would say at least once every two times I go out on my bike, someone does something that would have caused an accident if I was not looking for it. The good news is, it is 10 times easier to avoid accidents on a bike then it is a car, but you always gotta be looking for it.

Since you haven't ever rode before, I'd actually recommend trying to buy a 15 year old honda shadow 500 off of cregslist or something. Get something smaller and crappier so you wont feel bad if you accidentally dump it. But if you dont want to do that, then get a cruiser like I posted.... the cost is the same and it will improve your chances of not dying. here is another one you should consider:

I didnt suggest it before because that is what I own. I love it. totally sweet ride.

mmkay thanks man.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    imageimage

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

imageimageimageimageimageimage

[-(

blue turbins

imageimageimageimageimage

[-(

blue turbins

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I prefer a sport bike. Though you feel more like a badass on a Harley. I don't own a bike for myself but I've ridden a lot. I got my motorcycle license early on. My dad has a 2003 springer soft tail. It's probably my favorite bike I have seen. It's had a lot of work done to it so it's not stock that's for sure. My brother taught me how to ride on a 97 Honda Cbr. Sport bikes are more fun for me
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Totally. it is no coincidence that Sport bikes have 10x the accident rate of any other two wheeled vehicle. There should just be a law, no crotch rockets for dudes under thirty.
    I think part of the reason is they try to do tricks on them like the pros do. Another thing that could be the problem is they aren't afraid of what the bike is capable of. I say this because I know a bunch of guys with sport bikes. When they aren't scared anymore of the bike they got they have to watch themselves and be extra careful about what they do, because they feel like they can do anything on it. One friend upgraded from a GSX600 to a ZX1000 because of that reason. It's a 2007 model I think and I love the way that bike looks.

And women ride sport bikes too [-(
    imageimage
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    im buying this next week...hopefully

I got the 650r 2008 Model. Make sure you get sport bars on it or you will wish you did. The upgrade cost about 300 bucks. Mine is Diablo Black.

Oh..And lose the gay fender. They sell a kit for it to remove it.
    I'm pretty safe on mine. Only opened it up once on a long ass straight way. It's the other guy you have to watch on ANY bike. But rockets def. are not for young fearless guys. Gotta be careful man. It ain't a joke.

mmkay thanks man.
    Yeah if you haven't rode before don't be jumping on a Ninja. LOL!