Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your 2010 Concert Recap (ongoing)

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Today was hell to work in.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    1. Devildriver/Suffocation/Goatwhore/Thy Will Be Done
    2. Between The Buried and Me/Cynic/Devin Townsend Project/Scale The Summit
    3. Shinedown/Puddle of Mudd/Skillet
    4. Kreator/Voivod/Nachtmystium/Evile/Lazarus AD
    5. Muse/Silversun Pickups
    6. Stone Temple Pilots
    7. Taproot
    8. Goo Goo Dolls
    9. Sevendust
    10. BFMV/Airbourne
    11. Obituary
    12. Warbringer
    13. Foreigner/Styx/Kansas
    14. Scorpions
    15. Halestorm
    16. Mushroomhead
    17. Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
    18. Soilwork/Death Angel

Next shows:
    8/1 - Cynic
    8/6 - Mayhem
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm 4 behind...But I have two Iron Maiden shows, which we all know are worth 4x the amount other shows are worth.

1. DevilDriver/Suffocation/Goatwhore/Thy Will Be Done
    2. Nile/Immolation/Krisiun/Dreaming Dead
    3. Hypno5e/Revocation/Binary Code
    4. Arch Enemy/Exodus/Arsis/Mutiny Within
    5. The Black Dahlia Murder/Obscura/Augury/Hatesphere
    6. Suidakra/Cormorant/Ashkira
    7. Fear Factory/Amon Amarth/Eluveitie
    8. High on Fire/Priestess/Black Cobra/Bison B.C.
    9. Mastodon/Between the Buried and Me/High on Fire/Baroness/Priestess/...
    10. Hypocrisy/Scar Symmetry/Hate/Blackguard/Swashbuckle
    11. Exodus/Heathen/Anvil Chorus/Passive Aggressive
    12. Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
    13. High on Fire/Dublin Death Patrol
    14. Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    You triple-dipped on High On Fire, mister...
    Will do the same with Exodus!

I'll have seen Matt Pike live 4 times by year's end, and unfortunately, seen him smile at all of them.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    make a trip to six flags great adventure
    I did today. I rode the coasters like a champ.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Will do the same with Exodus!

I'll have seen Matt Pike live 4 times by year's end, and unfortunately, seen him smile at all of them.
    Sad thing is I haven't seen Exodus or High On Fire once this year...
  • PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    Carnival Of Madness: Estero, FL, July 21st.

Carnival Of Madness is a tour featuring 5 acts: 10 Years, Sevendust, Puddle Of Mudd, Chevelle, and Shinedown. Only went for the first 4 acts, never listened to Shinedown. So, drive and hour an a half from Ft. Lauderdale to Estero, FL, where about 3 years ago I saw Motley on their Carnival Of Sins tour. Small arena, but thats good, which makes it more close. Wait outside for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Get in, and run to the gate, see a nice '10 Years' banner.

10 Years: Good band, great live intensity, lead singer was a nut, went everywhere, good songs, not a packed venue for the first act, but fans still brought alot of intensity. Crowd surfing already, good people, security was even enjoying em and they were nuts.

Sevendust: Never seen them before, but i fucking LOVE Cold Day Memory, so these were my main guys. Played a few Cold Day Memory songs, including Unraveling, AWESOME live. Played Angels Son, Praise, and they are just a well preformed band, seem dedicated to their fans, noting they are nothing without them. Tons of thanks from the band and exit the stage.

Puddle Of Mudd: What do you want me to say? When I was 11, She Hates Me was the most badass song because he said Fucking on it, so I felt like a badass. Always been a favorite of mine, as much as I dont like their new albums, I keep spinning em, just an addicting band. Was super excited to see them and they are top notch, Wes was high as a kite, but he was on key. Played songs such as Famous, Stoned, Spaceship, Famous, Blurry, and Physco. They are very energetic, every band member moves, dont just sit there. Wes is throwing the mics everywhere, pissed off. So when they come to play Physco, coolest thing, Wes's son comes on stage and plays with em, now of course his guitar is not plugged in, but that kid follows right after his father, he is jumpy. During Physco, he runs into his son, and pushes him, but they smile and its all good. Then comes She Hates Me, and everyone knows it, even the 40 year olds know this song. Play that, get them fucking pumped up, and Wes goes crowd surfing so everyone tells his son to try it, and that was one hell of a crowd surf, exit stage, but not before throwing equipment around and acting pissed.

Chevelle: What cant be said about these guys, admit it or not, their songs, are pretty well written, good songs, and at some points, pretty darn heavy sound. They come out, play an awesome show, kind of dull after Puddle Of Mudd constantly moved, not their graphics like most other shows with em, The Red, Vitamin R, The Clincher, Well Enough Alone, a whole set of awesome songs. Arena starts to get packed, even seats. Exit Chevelle.

Shinedown: Now as I said before, never seen these guys live, but if that show is what they bring EVERY time, consider me a constant concert attendee. These guys were on fucking point. Dominated that crowd, and never before heard such a loud crowd, everyone knew every song. Lead singer is a more scary looking Seether-esque looking singer, and with A top hat and ring leader look, oh he just looked pretty fucking sweet. Energetic band, awesome stage, mutiple cut in half tv screens showing a number of things, although my favorite would have to be Alice's clips. When they played Alice, it was all pictures from Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, which I bought and will be getting a Digital Copy for my iTouch. So anyway, they were spot the fuck on. Every song had intensity and such a good sound. So Shinedown plays a total of 16 songs, oh and by the way, their tribute of 'Simple Man' to Lynyrd Skynyrd was beautiful, after it, I felt like crying, not joking, it was awesome, mainly their speech on how this is 'not a cover, but a tribute to one of the greatest bands in the world, and to all they did and the music they died for.' Last song of this incredible evening, Second Chance which even I knew the chorus of. Got a setlist and towel, very incredible night. For anyone who even remotely cares, setlist is as follows:
    Sound/Devour/I Dare You/Cyanide/If You Only Knew/Diamond/45/Heros/Left Out/Crow And Butterfly/Alice/Save Me/Son Of Sam/ Simple Man/ Fly/ Second Chance.

So worth the drive and the ticket.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    getting to the bottom
    why isn't this working......
    1. Behemoth/Septicflesh
    2. Cannibal Corpse/Skeletonwitch
    3. Killfest
    4. Soilwork/Death Angel/Mutiny Within
    5. Iron Maiden

Next Show:
    8/5 Enthroned
    1. DevilDriver/Suffocation/Goatwhore/Thy Will Be Done
    2. Nile/Immolation/Krisiun/Dreaming Dead
    3. Hypno5e/Revocation/Binary Code
    4. Arch Enemy/Exodus/Arsis/Mutiny Within
    5. The Black Dahlia Murder/Obscura/Augury/Hatesphere
    6. Suidakra/Cormorant/Ashkira
    7. Fear Factory/Amon Amarth/Eluveitie
    8. High on Fire/Priestess/Black Cobra/Bison B.C.
    9. Mastodon/Between the Buried and Me/High on Fire/Baroness/Priestess/...
    10. Hypocrisy/Scar Symmetry/Hate/Blackguard/Swashbuckle
    11. Exodus/Heathen/Anvil Chorus/Passive Aggressive
    12. Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
    13. High on Fire/Dublin Death Patrol
    14. Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
    15: Cynic/Intronaut/Dysrhythmia
    16: Giant Squid (@Tidal Wave)
    How do you get the money for these shows if you don't have a job?
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    How do you get the money for these shows if you don't have a job?
    Agreed. What's your secret? I get to go to a lot of shows for free, but damn! I got a job for only a few more days.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    1. Meliah Rage, Steel Assassin, Ravage, Mob Hit
    2. Blue Oyster Cult, Luke Mulholland Band
    3. WASP, War Machine
    4. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax (if at the movies count)
    5. Green river Ordinance, Girls Guns and Glory, Sarah Blacker
    6. Rob Zombie, A7X, LOG, FFDP, Atreyu, Chimaira, Winds of Plague, Shadows Fall, Norma Jean, Stemm, In this Moment

Next up: KISS - Aug 7th
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    You didn't stay for Korn, John?
    I love winning with women
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    no i didnt stay for Korn. been there, done that back when they were actually good. Saw them back when head was in the band and everything since has been meh
    no i didnt stay for Korn. been there, done that back when they were actually good. Saw them back when head was in the band and everything since has been meh
    They're still great live.
    Wine still hasn't told us his secret to going to all these shows