Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official DEATH Appreciation Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Death is absolutely no where near as good as you guys make them out to be
    Except they are. They are one of the few bands who deserves every ounce of credit they get.
    like Slayer lol
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Except they are. They are one of the few bands who deserves every ounce of credit they get.
    They definitely aren't. They're great for what they did. Nothing more. The music is good but not godlike in any sense of the word
    Every album is great. They made not one bad album and showed a natural sense of progression along the way. Some of their albums are better than others, but there are at least two of those albums that are among the top 10 best death metal albums of all time. You can't get any better than that as a band.
    Great =/= godlike. They're all GOOD albums. Nothing more really
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They definitely aren't. They're great for what they did. Nothing more. The music is good but not godlike in any sense of the word
    Every album is great. They made not one bad album and showed a natural sense of progression along the way. Some of their albums are better than others, but there are at least two of those albums that are among the top 10 best death metal albums of all time. You can't get any better than that as a band.
    Great =/= godlike. They're all GOOD albums. Nothing more really
    When you've made the best death metal albums of all time, there's nothing more to be. They are the best.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    They're no where near the best and they've definitely not made any albums that are the best of all time. They would definitely have a couple in my top 25 but not in the top 10
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Cannibal Corpse has no business being anywhere near a list of good bands.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In Flames better than Death? No. Fail list is fail.
    I don't think of them as death metal...so I lol'd when I seen that
    you lol'd at TBDM for that reason but not Behemoth? <_>
    TBDM stuck out more then the rest of the list to me. The whole list is meh though and fail worthy
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They're no where near the best and they've definitely not made any albums that are the best of all time. They would definitely have a couple in my top 25 but not in the top 10
    Top 10 death metal albums of all time....go.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited June 2011
    Lol now I'm not gonna do that
    Haven't even thought about what albums specifically should go there but I know a death album wouldn't be one of them
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol i knew santana was gonna put on deicde
    go jump in there pitz and then say this... CC is like a hatebreed to me fun as hell but not the greatest music ever
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    You guys, that's enough. Let's stop beating a dead horse.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    that list was horrible, santana. some of those bands are even death metal.

and bdm are not even the best band to have that sound...since they flat out stole it from at the gates. seriously, listen to 'slaughter of the soul' and tell me that every song bdm have written doesn't sound like something off that album.

i'd make a million dollar bet that every band on that list would happily concede that death was better than them. that's what type of respect they garner.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Santana if you think In Flames and The Faceless are better than Death you are a faggot.
    lolz cuz is soo trv
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Death Metal bands I like more than Death

Not in order:
    Behemoth
    Cannibal Corpse
    In Flames
    Dying Fetus
    Nile
    Immolation
    Obituary
    Gorod
    Amon Amarth
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Suffocation
    Decapitated
    Decrepit Birth
    The Faceless
    Deicide
    Exhumed
    Katabasis
    Obscura
    Septicflesh

The only bands on this list that deserve to even be mentioned with Death are Immolation and Obituary... and even they would admit that Death is better then them.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Yeah they definitely would admit that. I'm sure no bad would be so egotistical to say they're better than another band. Especially one that started the genre they play. Just because they started the genre doesn't mean they're better than every other death metal band. They get huge amounts of respect from me for starting my favorite genre (thrash is my favorite also) but to me, that's all they did. The music is good but it's not godlike or jizzworthy at all. I strongly feel every one of those bands is better than Death. Maybe not in status but musically, I feel they are all better
    dood the faceless will never be beter than death cmon now....its one thing to say death isnt all that but its quite another to say the faceless are superior..thats just stoopid