Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

US high school student threatened with death for opposing school prayer

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    And this kid was actually supporting the law.
    image Photobucket
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16u0wwCfoJ4
    But... he didn't fight the law.
    That doesn't change the fact that they won.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As much as I philosophically agree with an atheistic stance, I cannot get behind this article at all. It is downright close to propaganda to suggest that there is a remote possibility of Taliban-esque insurrection in the United States. I'd be curious to see who wrote this article and who published it, because they certainly are not a journalistic body at all. That makes me even more sick than what happened to this kid.

Now, while I do believe this kid is in the right in every sense, I don't believe he was practical at all. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but fight when you have the diploma in your hand. I wouldnt accept a school sponsored prayer at my graduation either, but I'm speaking out after I am assured it will not affect my graduation status. That's a total ethical capitulation, but it's the only way to go.

The more concerning thing throughout this is the parental reaction. That is sickening.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I wouldnt accept a school sponsored prayer at my graduation either, but I'm speaking out after I am assured it will not affect my graduation status.
    I just skipped my entire graduation ceremony all together. I didn't want to deal with the prayer bullshit, and I thought it was just a waste of time when I could be playing Animal Crossing instead. Which I did. B-)
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

Here are a few comments on the Bastrop Enterprise news story about the controversy:

What he is really doing is trying to shove his views down people’s throats.
    of power’.

That had me goin' for a while. Too fuckin' funny.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    As much as I philosophically agree with an atheistic stance, I cannot get behind this article at all. It is downright close to propaganda to suggest that there is a remote possibility of Taliban-esque insurrection in the United States. I'd be curious to see who wrote this article and who published it, because they certainly are not a journalistic body at all. That makes me even more sick than what happened to this kid.

Now, while I do believe this kid is in the right in every sense, I don't believe he was practical at all. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but fight when you have the diploma in your hand. I wouldnt accept a school sponsored prayer at my graduation either, but I'm speaking out after I am assured it will not affect my graduation status. That's a total ethical capitulation, but it's the only way to go.

The more concerning thing throughout this is the parental reaction. That is sickening.
    THIS.....pick your battles also means TIMING of said battles.....
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

It's from freethinker.co.uk, an atheistic website, so that would be the reason.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I didn't have a prayer at my graduation...

I agree with this kid and everything that he stands for, but oh well. As Chuck basically said, sometimes you gotta pick your battles
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If there was a prayer at my Graduation, I wouldn't have participated. I didn't want to without that either but was forced to. But has this kid complained about what's been happening to him or anything? I'm guessing people are assuming this so I'm just asking
    imageimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Apparently HE called it a "shitstorm" so I would assume he has complained about what his classmates have been saying
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    FUCK SCHOOL
    WOLF GANG NIGGA

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    FUCK SCHOOL
    WOLF GANG NIGGA
    YEAAAAAAA \m/
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    Motherfuckers.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Apparently HE called it a "shitstorm" so I would assume he has complained about what his classmates have been saying
    I would have to, because that's exactly what happened. But I don't find that as complaining <_>
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    FUCK SCHOOL
    WOLF GANG NIGGA
    YEAAAAAAA \m/
    I love winning with women