Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

RIP Paul Gray, one year ago today.

sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
Even though a good portion of you on here don't really care, I'm making this thread anyway.
I still remember exactly where I was when I found out about it last year. Needless to say, my day was completely ruined, to say the least. I was out with a friend comforting her, and pretty soon, it was the other way around. I could get into a long discussion about why Slipknot is so important to me, but nobody really cares, so I won't waste your time. I did once, but only 2 people read it and one of them was an extreme douche about it. Despite what Wine and Erik and everyone say about my tastes, Slipknot is still my favorite band.

So, instead, I'm just going to leave this here.

*inb4 elitists and others*

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Man I used to love these guys a lot. I don't listen to them anymore but RIP Paul Gray \m/
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    RIP. I wore a slipknot shirt everyday the following week to school in his memory
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    It was quite a sad day...
    Plus so soon after dio....
    I hardly listen to them anymore, but saw the second to last show they ever did, my first metal show, and it was great \m/
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    RIP. I wore a slipknot shirt everyday the following week to school in his memory
    The day after, I wore ALL my slipknot gear that day. I wore one of my Paul Gray shirts to school today too.
    It was quite a sad day...
    Plus so soon after dio....
    I hardly listen to them anymore, but saw the second to last show they ever did, my first metal show, and it was great \m/
    Dio, Peter Steele, Gray...Like the celebrity trio death series, metal style :(
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    SLIPKNOT FUCKING RULED MY ADOLESCENT YEARS \m/
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Slipknot still kicks ass and I wore my paul gray shirt today.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    wow, its really been that long?
    I can't believe it either, Shane. The year really flew by fast. And not even just with Gray. I can't believe it's been a year since Dio and Steele too.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "did once, but only 2 people read it"

I remember reading it. It was very touching, not to sound gay or anything

RIP Paul :( great bassist and song writer
    Thanks Santana.

You know what's weird? I'm listening to "Til We Die" right now, and some of the lyrics are kind of weird to think about since Paul died. It's almost like Corey or whoever wrote the song knew that something bad was gonna happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMpX63DSeYI

My friends are all hurting from moments and regrets and charity laced with a lie
    And still we keep hoping, to fix all the defects and strengthen these seminal ties
    We go on together for better or worse, our history is too real to hate
    Now and forever we stay until morning, and promise to fight for our fate

'Til we die
    'Til we die

The start of the journey is every bit worth it, I can't let you down anymore
    The sky is still clearing, we're never afraid and the consequence opens the door
    I've never stopped trying, I've never stopped feeling like family is much more than blood
    Don't go on without me, the piece that I represent complements each and every one

'Til we die
    'Til we die

We won't be forgotten, we'll never give in
    This war we've achieved has allowed us to win

'Til we die
    'Til we die

My last true confession will open your eyes, I've never known trust like the Nine
    Let it be spoken, let it be screamed, they'll never ever take us alive

'Til we die
    'Til we die

Carry on
    Carry on

We'll never be broken, we won't be denied, our war is the pressure we need to unite
    We'll never be broken, we won't be denied, our war is the pressure we need to unite

'Til we die
    'Til we die

Carry on
    Carry on

'Til we die
    'Til we die
    'Til we die

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2011
    I love Slipknot, but meh.
    Not a big fan of 'Til We Die but those lyrics are freaky seeing as when they were written and what happened
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Not a big fan of 'Til We Die but those lyrics are freaky seeing as when they were written and what happened
    Don't lots of bands have songs like that? It could happen to any group and a fan could pull out some sad song they wrote and be like "omg look at these lyrics, it's like they knew it was coming."
    Don't lots of bands have songs like that? It could happen to any group and a fan could pull out some sad song they wrote and be like "omg look at these lyrics, it's like they knew it was coming."
    Yeah I know they didn't know what would happen but still it is kinda strange just because Paul died.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner

FACT OF THE MATTER IS NOT MUCH HAPPENS IN LIFE WITCH IS WHERE INSPIRATION FOR MOST SONGS COME FROM

HAPPY IN LOVE
    SAD IN LOVE
    ANGRY IN LOVE

HAPPY ABOUT LIFE
    UNHAPPY ABOUT LIFE
    ANGER ABOUT LIFE

HAPPY ABOUT DEATH
    UNHAPPY ABOUT DEATH
    ANGRY ABOUT DEATH

THATS ABOUT IT
    IF YOU WRITE A NON FANTASY SONG
    CHANCES ARE IT FALLS INTO ONE OF THESE CATEGORIES
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    RIP Paul
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It was very touching, not to sound gay or anything
    8-|
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    slipknot blows