Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official MayhemFest Thread***

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    what about if i turn around when the bands are playing, or flip them all off and have a disgusted face on all day?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    what about if i turn around when the bands are playing, or flip them all off and have a disgusted face on all day?
    bring a big newspaper and read it in first row while bands are playin lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    TrevorPhipps
    For the first time in my life I am considering not walking from a tour.

:))
    Fucking Trevor lol. I wonder if he's alter ego has been coming out on this tour hahaha.

Digging that new Unearth set a lot. Fuck what anger ginger thinks.
    whats up with the clean vocals on the new Unearth?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I haven't heard the new one yet...but clean vox you say? :-?
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Yeah new album is awesome the clean vox work well
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There were clean vocals on some of the older material too. Ken Susi ftw
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There were clean vocals on some of the older material too. Ken Susi ftw
    I didn't remember it being used as much. It seems they are going in more of an All That Remains direction

Gotta make dat paper .....i guess
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Marc are you telling me you wouldn't be satisfied with a set that included: endless, great dividers, black hearts, Sanctity, and Giles?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    They only use clean vocals on like 3 songs on the new album.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    This was Unearth's set from a offdate

My Will Be Done
    Zombie Auto-Pilot
    Eyes of Black
    This Lying World
    Endless
    Watch It Burn
    The Great Dividers
    Arise The War Cry
    Sanctity of Brothers
    Black Hearts Now Reign
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    back from mayhem

I'm dead

review tmrw
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Mansfield was a ton of fun, hot as fuck all day. Review in a little bit.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    you kids and your setlists.....

srs bznss

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Mayhem Festival 2011
    7/22/11 Mansfield MA

I’ll start this review saying that this is the first time I’ve seen all the bands on the tour, so this is really just my initial live impression of each band. It might be more boring for people who have already seen them.
    I arrived at the venue around 12:30 with my friend Tyler, and hung out in the shade until they let in people with laminates around 1:30.

DEAD SEASON (Jager opener) - 3/10
    For the first half of this band, I was waiting at the other side of the lot for the merch tent to open so I could grab a shirt, so I couldn’t really hear them. After I grabbed a shirt I headed to the Rockstar tent to wait to meet Machine Head, and the tent was right in front of the stage and I could hear/see them perfectly. They’re just a really mediocre metalcore band who isn’t going to get any more popular than they are now. They sounded somewhat solid except for sloppy guitar playing and derpy lyrics.

STRAIGHT LINE STITCH - 2/10
    Yet again, I could hear/see this band perfectly from the Rockstar tent, and I wish I couldn’t. Their vocalist sounds like a dying cat and I couldn’t find any redeeming quality in their performance. I give them at least some points because they can at least play their instruments somewhat well.

RED FANG - 8/10
    By now, I was getting pissed off because Machine Head was supposed to sign at 2:15 and it was now 2:30. I could hear Red Fang from the tent perfectly but could only see their guitarist. They sounded fantastic. Machine Head eventually showed up at the tent around 2:45 without Robb Flynn, because he was apparently missing. It sort of sucked because I planned on getting a picture with Robb but I ended uo having a pretty sweet but short conversation with Phil Demmel. Wires started playing while I was in the signing and had ended by the time I got up to Red Fang, so I was sad face. The crowd was pretty sparse all day because of the heat and the somewhat unpopular lineup, so I legitimately walked right up to the rail halfway through Red Fang. A moshpit formed behind me during Prehistoric Dog that I jumped into. I then listened to most of the song and headed over to where ASP was going to start.

ALL SHALL PERISH - 7/10
    They were mildly disappointing. They had a lot of energy, but pretty much everything sounded the same and I went to go get water and get rail for KOS after 3 songs. Wage Slaves was beautiful

KINGDOM OF SORROW- 9/10
    This was a great performance from a great band. I was on rail. The sound cut out halfway through Free the Fallen but got fixed quickly. Good show.

SUICIDE SILENCE - 8/10
    They put on an extremely energetic performance and were a lot of fun, but Mitch’s vocals were WAY too high and it felt like it was going to rupture my left eardum or something, because my head was tilted to the right since I was on the rail to the left of the band. I ended up having to put my finger in my left ear for the first 2 songs until the sound guys fixed the obvious problem. I caught their setlist from a roadie while waiting for MH to come on. My left ear still is ringing, 18 hours later.
    Setlist: Wake Up, Unanswered, You Only Live Once, Fuck Everything, Disengage, Slaves to Substance, No Pity for A Coward

MACHINE HEAD - 10/10
    Machine Head was worth every drop of anticipation I put into the band. I was on the rail, nearly in the center, and it was the best show I’ve seen yet. I made eye contact with Robb Flynn for about 10 seconds during the first half of Halo, and he pointed at me. It was goddamn epic. Out of the side stage bands, they had the biggest crowd watching and headbanging. I have whiplash right now because of them.
    Setlist: Imperium, Beautiful Mourning, Locust, Halo

Trivium – 6/10
    I skipped In Flames to recuperate from Machine Head. Trivium started after half an hour and were nothing special. They continually bitched about the fact that most people were sitting and I think they cut their set short because of it. I’m glad they did because I was hungry and needed French fries.
    Setlist: In Waves, A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation, Built To Fall, Like Light To Flies, Down From The Sky, Throes of Perdition

Megadeth – 9.5/10
    Beautiful show. Definitely an impressive first Megadeth concert. Dave’s voice sounded pretty good (not perfect but not bad by any means). The show was straightforward but impressive. Even the songs I’m not a big fan of like Headcrusher and Wake Up Dead sounded great live.
    Setlist: Trust, Hangar 18, Wake Up Dead, Headcrusher, A Tout Le Monde, Public Enemy No. 1, Symphony of Destruction, Peace Sells, Holy Wars

Godsmack – 8/10
    Good show. Sully Erna sort of sounded like he had a cold though; his voice was higher pitched than usual. Not extremely noticeable though. It was a good time seeing them. Their setlist was the usual.

Disturbed – 7/10
    Solid show from a meh band. It was entertaining to hear some old favorites and to watch the screen and pyro. My show had none of the sound problems that Seb was talking about and Draiman sounded fine. Setlist was the usual. I ended up leaving at the beginning of Down with the Sickness and surprisingly beating 99% of traffic.