Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official MayhemFest Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I have no desire to see Red Fag...
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Seeing all these Trivium set's sucks cuz they aren't at my date :-(
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Geez, you guys remind me of all the people who were mad that 3IOB were on the bill last year <_>
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Geez, you guys remind me of all the people who were mad that 3IOB were on the bill last year <_>
    people were mad?
    Well there were plenty of people complaining about them the same way people are complaining about Red Fang.
    I love 3IOB. Im just not a huge Red Fang fan. The Sword > Red Fang
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    For the record, these were the other sets I dug up.

Machine Head

Imperium
    Beautiful Mourning
    Locust
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Halo

Unearth

Watch It Burn
    The Lying World
    Endless
    My Will Be Done
    Black Hearts Now Reign
    Arise The War Cry
    The Great Dividers

In Flames played Alias second
    I love winning with women
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    That's fucked up Alex and bullshit imo. I hate it when venues get a stick up their ass about wtf people wear that could possibly be used as a "weapon" when your fist is faster and easier to use. I went to Ozzfest once with a small ass skull wallet chain my friend gave me to have as a necklace. They told me I couldn't come into the venue with that on and I either had to take it all the way back to the car or walk over to the check in thing and do that, then get into the back of the line. I just argued and got pissed off so I just threw it away. Still pisses me off too
    imageimage
    edited July 2011
    I love 3IOB. Im just not a huge Red Fang fan. The Sword > Red Fang
    I wasn't implying you do. It just reminds me of the people who were complaining about the one band that wasn't some sort of Core band.
    Oh I understand. Im glad Red Fang is on the bill. Good for them. I just dont care for em.
    Oh I understand. Im glad Red Fang is on the bill. Good for them. I just dont care for em.
    Same with me.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    red fang was a bust yesterday just sayin...
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    For the record, these were the other sets I dug up.

Machine Head

Imperium
    Beautiful Mourning
    Locust
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Halo

Unearth

Watch It Burn
    The Lying World
    Endless
    My Will Be Done
    Black Hearts Now Reign
    Arise The War Cry
    The Great Dividers

In Flames played Alias second
    I was just saying today unearth should play Arise the war cry fuck yeah.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Seeing all these Trivium set's sucks cuz they aren't at my date :-(
    Hatebreed > trivium
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited July 2011
    I love hatebreed but i like trivium a little more. I am over it though because i missed hatebreed last year to meet chimaira.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Too much fail in one sentence for me to comprehend.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I am gonna watch hatebreed since i missed them last year. I am just mad that trivium aren't playing at my date.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    K well heres my official show review from yesterday

Got to the venue around 1245 waited in line for like 10 minutes till they let the people with the fast lane passes go.. It was a reeeally nice day they high was 89 with cloud coverage you couldnt ask for better weather... To start off the bands they had some shitty band called beneath caos i guess they had won a battle of the bands or some shit.. but they where whack

theeen

Hemlock: 8/10
    This was my 3rd time seeing them do the jager stage at mayhem and they upstaged some of the actual mayhem bands imo... just a lot of energy and crowd participation, thats kinda what I look for in a show...

Straight Line Stitch: 5/10
    I listened to them while waiting in line to meet machine head (who I can confirm are signing daily at 2:30 at the rockstar compound), they didnt sound as bad as I thought they would... much better than itm did last year.. chick sounds annoying as fuuck when she talks though

Red Fang: 6/10
    They really dissapointed me at this show.. idk whether it was them or the crowd but it just didnt seem like they put on that great of a show.. smoked a fat blunt during their set that was the highlight of them lol

All Shall Perish: 10/10
    Best band on the side stages hands down.. i was really close to the stage smoking before they came out and the first thing the lead singer says when he comes out, "I smell that fucking weed!!" i was like \m/ but their setlist was awesome, biggest craziest moshes of the day... they where a perfect band for mayhem fest

Kingdom of Sorrow: 9/10
    I had so much fun during their set.. seeing Jasta and Kirk away from their normal bands and pretty much just jam together was awesome as fuck.. Buried in Black was probably the best song played at mayhem fest this year.. hope to see them again soon in the future.

Suicide Silence: 7/10
    First time seeing them, thought I'd give em a chance after I had missed them 3 times at previous shows.. they arent really my cup of tea when it comes to music but theyre good at what they do.. they put on a pretty good show.. if youre into these guys youll be very happy with their set

Unearth: didnt see

In Flames: 7/10
    wasnt even planning on seeing these guys but i met this dude selling pipes and i offered to smoke him out and he was like well ya man when in flames goes on ill be able to go.. musically they actually sounded really good, very talented group

Trivium: was dead at this point from waiting in lines andlack of water so didnt get to see

Machine Head: 9/10
    Great show... songs where all predicable and like I said before the show I was the only machine head fan it seemed like in my section.. sounded perfect with all their songs..

Megadeth: 9.5/10
    Never had seen megadave before so I was pretty stoked to see em.. sound wise they where awesome and crowd participation was awesome... no megadeth banner in the back and no sweating bullets gives them -.5

KOTTONMOUTH KINGS: 15/10
    thats right.. kottonmouth kings headlined MY mayhem fest.. better than godsmack and disturbed's lame ass show
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos