Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Philswitch Review

EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited February 2010 in Off Topic
What an amazing show. Almost broke my nose lol.

Dark Tranquillity: Amazing as fuck, these guys showed why they're so respected in the Metal world. And surprisingly, for a tour that attracted so many Scenies and Emos, they had a huge response from the crowd, which I didn't expect. Got in lots of fun pits for them. 8.5/10

The Devil Wears Prada:
HO.
LEE.
FUCK.
This is gonna sound fucking odd, but they had THEE most violent crowd I've ever seen for a Metalcore band. And get ready for THIS shit:
They were more violent than fucking Behemoth. It got to the point that I was struggling to breathe because I was getting crushed so much. This may have to do with the fact that it was a sold out show, and most people were there for TDWP (I'd say like 30% of the people left after TDWP played.) but idk. It kinda dampened the experience, struggling to breathe isn't exactly fun lol. But in contrast to live videos I've seen of TDWP, which were horrible, they were fucking amazing. Mike hit his screams perfectly, and Jeremy was singing spot on. Great setlist too. Caught Chris's pick at the end of their set. Numero dos in my collection. 9.5/10

At this point, people darted out of there, so I got front and fucking center for KsE. WIN.

Philswitch Engage: Let me just say, after tonight, I'm kinda wishing Phil was KsE's permanent Vocalist. No disrespect to Howard, but I fucking love this dude. And him and Adam D make a fucking hilarious duo between the jokes and the antics on stage. Only bad thing, is it seemed like his mic was turned down, and it was very hard to hear him. This also might have to do with the crowd they were drowning the band out singing. Amazing crowd. You can tell Phil is very comfortable with them now. Only thing I looked down on him for is he need a lyrics sheet for Holy Diver. And another negative point is that they played WAY too much off of S/T 1 and AOJB. Those are my 2 least favorite KsE albums, and I'm not as familiar with those songs. Anyways, it was fucking cool, 'cause when they took one of their breaks/talking sessions, Phil was right in front of me, and I screamed Phil, and he looked at me and nodded at me and smiled and gave me a brofist lol. And then when they played Fixation On The Darkness, Adam D was right in front of me, and saw me screaming all the words and slapped my hand and said fuck yea lol. ANOTHER EPIC WIN OF THE NIGHT: Dude fucking jumped on these box thingys, got past security, got on stage, and fucking stage dived! Fucking win! Dude is my hero lol. Also, I mught add, KsE's stage set up was absolutely amazing. Best visual set up I've seen for a band so far. Adam D was like "So you fuckers wanna go home and plow your sweethearts?" To which the crowd replied one more song, and he's likje "So you'd rather hang with us? Ya know, we're not THAT attractive. So you sure you don't wanna go home and have some sexual fun times?" and this dude screamed "FUCK THAT SHIT!"

Comments