Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you listening to right now?

1200420052006200720082010»

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Been listening to Deafheaven out of nowhere and I think I finally “get” it. I do have my gripes and have things I wish they did more or less of, but eh it’s not my music. What really put it in perspective for me was I basically fell asleep to the Ordinary Corrupt Human Love album and under that context it was sounding REALLY good and giving me almost this high type feeling, then the next day, I picked up where I left off and played it while driving, and had to change it to something else more turnt up because it was making me doze off at the wheel lmao. And that may sound like a negative or like it’s too boring, but it can literally be trance inducing, which is where I say it finally clicked for me and has it’s time and place. 

That being said, anybody got any suggestions that sound specifically like “Great Mass Of Color”? I know they got shit on for “selling out” on that album, but me, not caring if it’s Metal or not, doesn’t need it to be heavy or scream. I fucking love that record, although the rest of the album didn’t click as much for me. For some reason, it brought Muse to mind, but idk why since musically it’s not even close, maybe the vocals? Definitely hints of Coldplay lmao.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Dime2 said:
    They’re a bunch of virgin incels who make pirate metal and play Magic the gathering on their tour bus instead of getting bitches. What the fuck could they possibly have done lol 

They were trying to bang chicks from every race and used racial terms to discuss it in the group chat.

Oh wow lol. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    They’re a bunch of virgin incels who make pirate metal and play Magic the gathering on their tour bus instead of getting bitches. What the fuck could they possibly have done lol 
    Their group chat leaked where they were talking about trying to bang chicks from every race while on tour. Someone used the N word. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Been listening to Deafheaven out of nowhere and I think I finally “get” it. I do have my gripes and have things I wish they did more or less of, but eh it’s not my music. What really put it in perspective for me was I basically fell asleep to the Ordinary Corrupt Human Love album and under that context it was sounding REALLY good and giving me almost this high type feeling, then the next day, I picked up where I left off and played it while driving, and had to change it to something else more turnt up because it was making me doze off at the wheel lmao. And that may sound like a negative or like it’s too boring, but it can literally be trance inducing, which is where I say it finally clicked for me and has it’s time and place. 

That being said, anybody got any suggestions that sound specifically like “Great Mass Of Color”? I know they got shit on for “selling out” on that album, but me, not caring if it’s Metal or not, doesn’t need it to be heavy or scream. I fucking love that record, although the rest of the album didn’t click as much for me. For some reason, it brought Muse to mind, but idk why since musically it’s not even close, maybe the vocals? Definitely hints of Coldplay lmao.
    Look up shoegaze bands. That's what Deafheaven is basically
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Yea but it’s not that simple. Shoegaze traditionally doesn’t have accessible/catchy/Poppy vocals like Great Mass Of Color does.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:

They were trying to bang chicks from every race and used racial terms to discuss it in the group chat.

Oh wow lol. 
     Well sometimes you make a joke and sometimes the irony comes back to dick slap you. This was one of those times for me lol 
    Yuve Yuve Yu by The Hu 
    Hate Me Too by Staind 
    Wargasm - Venom

Fuck Spiritbox, fuck Bad Omens, fuck Sleep Token... THIS is the zoomer band that should be blowing up
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Wargasm - billy strings 
    New Bridge City Sinners

It fucks
    Sober Up by AJR
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Sable Hills - Misfortune 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    AJR low key makes banger after banger. I really need to get to one of their shows. 
    edited July 30
    Dude for real. I saw them last month and, Maiden aside, that was the coolest live show I’ve ever seen 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah my friend who exposed them to me years ago told me they put on a great show. when i had an hour drive to work i would listen to them a lot because they would get me hype af in the morning lol. 
    I hated them until that show lol my youngest brother is huge on them. The whole time I was being a curmudgeon until they started playing. Some kind of flip got switched like magic and now I’m obsessed lmao 
    Opeth - §1

MIKEAL IS GROWLING AGAIN!