Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    That was the first Maiden CD I owned for myself 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Idk Final Frontier has a special place in my heart post reunion. Top to bottom that's an amazing record, though honestly everything post reunion has been pretty good. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Yeah I don't think any of them are bad, though some stuff on The Final Frontier hasn't aged as well for me. We'll see about how The Book of Souls measures up after a while but I think right now it's BNW > AMOLAD > TBOS > DOD > TFF
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Really Final Frontier last. Imo BNW>TFF>DOD>AMOLAD>BOS. They're all good though 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    When the wild wind blows >
    Pigeon Toe - The First Perception 
    BNW > FF > AMOLAD > DOD > BOS

When The Wild Wind Blows >>
    Book of Souls is the only one I didnt really dig
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dance of Death kinda sucked. Book of Souls really sucked. The Final Frontier was okay. I only really like A matter of Life and Death and Brave New World. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also the album cover for Dance of Death is fucking retarded. I have no idea what the fuck I'm looking at.
    Also the album cover for Dance of Death is fucking retarded. I have no idea what the fuck I'm looking at.
    Album art was awful but the album itself is great imo
    Nerkogoblikon - Heavy Meta 
     Yeah the album art is infamous lol it was unfinished and they decided to use it anyhow. Real talk though, Dance Of Death has alot of great Maiden songs on it. Title track, Paschendale, Journeyman, Rainmaker, No More Lies.
     I like it more than I did upon release, but it's the it's not a great record. Has a couple of awesome tunes though. If Eternity Should Fail, title track, and Empire namely. I've grown way fonder of the Red and The Black as well. 
    Dime said:
     I like it more than I did upon release, but it's the it's not a great record. Has a couple of awesome tunes though. If Eternity Should Fail, title track, and Empire namely. I've grown way fonder of the Red and The Black as well. 
    Its just wayyyy tooo looooong, and same-y the whole time. By the time the first disc is through, Im bored of it. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited April 2019
    Dime said:
    Really Final Frontier last. Imo BNW>TFF>DOD>AMOLAD>BOS. They're all good though 
    I mean, one of them has to be last lol. El Dorado is probably my least favorite Maiden song post-reunion, and the first half of the album in general is fine but not great. It really takes off at Isle of Avalon. That one, Starblind, and The Talisman are excellent. I don't think as highly of The Man Who Would Be King and When The Wild Wind Blows as yall. Good, not great.

Dance of Death is probably the most underrated of the bunch. Title track, Paschendale, Montsegur, Rainmaker, Face In The Sand, No More Lies all stand out. Not quite as complete an album as Brave New World or AMOLAD but still great. I'm still digging TBOS. Yes it is too long and they need to learn to self-edit more than ever, but I can't say besides Tears of a Clown that I'd drop any song from it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Yeah Tears Of A Clown is the only one I dislike, but Shadow Of The Valley, Man Of Sorrows, Great Unknown it all bores me. Final Frontier was way more interesting imo. They definitely would benefit from doing a shorter album if they release another record though. 
    Dime said:
    Its just wayyyy tooo looooong, and same-y the whole time. By the time the first disc is through, Im bored of it. 
     Yeah I agree. There are really only a couple tracks I go back to.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Birthday boy(gwar cover)