Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

Sophomore year was Agalloch, Alcest, Triptykon and enslaved. 

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

it all started to change when I got into mastodon and high on fire junior year though. that led me to intronaut and kylesa when I saw them supporting prehistoricisms and static tensions, respectively, and they blew me away, and it kind of just evolved much more from there.

I do remember hearing wittr back around senior year and not hating it, but I didnt care to investigate a ton more.

I love winning with women

wolves in the throne room - prayer of transformation

the last 3.5 minutes of this are something else ^:)^

it all started to change when I got into mastodon and high on fire junior year though. that led me to intronaut and kylesa when I saw them supporting prehistoricisms and static tensions, respectively, and they blew me away, and it kind of just evolved much more from there.

I do remember hearing wittr back around senior year and not hating it, but I didnt care to investigate a ton more.

that was me freshman year lol 

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    And then Slap heard Once More 'Round the Sun.....

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,612 spicy boy

my top ten from sophomore year of high school were something like

Soad

slayer

Pantera

:))

>>>> wittr

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy

I liked Mastodon back then, but didint love them. I only liked Call of the Mastodon and Leviathan. I hated Crack the Skye and their lighter more proggy stuff for whatever reason.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

I remember someone bringing in Alaska in high school for music show and tell.. I was like wtf is this noise lol still not a huge btbam guy tho

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,670 spicy boy

Alaska in full :!!

it took me a long time to get into tommys vox. still not huge on them but they arent bad. instrumentally btbam are amazing.

It's just too all over the place I like more groovy stuff

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

it took me a long time to get into tommys vox. still not huge on them but they arent bad. instrumentally btbam are amazing.

Really? I love his vocals. If it were normal deathcore/metalcore type vocals it'd ruin the band imo

same sort of deal I had with lamb of god for a long time. I just wasnt a fan of randys vocals either. but with log I also didnt care for the trashcan banging "pong!" percussion either. that was probably my bigger complaint with log tbh. same thing is present on the first or second fetus record.

but yeah when I brought that up with a couple of my btbam loving friends they said they loved tommys vox almost the most too.

First time I heard log I thought it was straight death metal

his vox on the first two albums are kina bad but from Alaska on he sounds great 

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

The Arsonist tho

inb4lists
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Up until I was like 14 all i listened too what stuff like the police, rush, king crimson, yes, pink floyd, fleetwood mac, heart, and genesis, basically just whatever my dad showed me. That eventually led into bands like RATM, Faith no more, beastie boys, soundgarden, AIC and Primus.

Megadeth were definitely the first actual metal band I got into after I heard tornado of souls (dat solo..), but the first modern metal bands I liked were as i lay dying, all that remains(first 3 albums), Atreyu(first two), In Flames and mastodon. Then I discovered Death and fucking lost my shit, just about. 

inb4lists
    edited July 2014
    sacrificial totem - ritual III

black fucking cancer - exit wounds

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,286 mod
    Suicide Silence - You Can't Stop Me