Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

K.K. DOWNING retirement Press Release

StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
edited April 2011 in Off Topic
:O

It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that K.K. DOWNING has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming EPITAPH Tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally all wish him well.

http://judaspriest.com/News/Doc/KK-Downing-Retirement-Announcement.pdf <--- entire press release.

Comments

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    so sad.... looks like priest wont make it to the 50 year mark as a band. (they were so close too)

ah well.... Retirement is a bitch, but it needs to happen. He only was part of one of the biggest bands ever (and in metal)
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Whaaaat?

He couldn't just wait for one last tour? Who leaves right before a band's final world tour?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    {Upload|9576}
    kk.JPG 97.4K

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    That is really too bad.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Something must have happened....hopefully we'll know soon enough. It sucks, but I'm still excited to see them one more time.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Something must have happened....
    This. No way this happened the way it sounds...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    \:D/
    Jesus Christ you crack me up.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited April 2011
    I just looked up Richie Faulkner's background....he played for Lauren Harris.....
    "Fate also stepped in and delivered the perfect replacement"

This line is what's really bothering me.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    this succks... i wanted to see 'em before this happened...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

It could just be eloquent hyperbole....

It could just be eloquent hyperbole....
    Fuck you J, I don't have English until third period.

It's just the fact that instead of saying "our good friend Richie Faulkner will be filling in for him" or something like hat, they say "the perfect replacement". To me, that says "don't worry, we don't need him"
    Benjamin "Benji" Baudelot of Rock Hard, the leading monthly metal magazine in France, spoke to JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford earlier today (Thursday, April 21), just one day after it was announced that the band's original guitarist, Kenneth "K.K." Downing, was retiring from the group.

"K.K. leaving was his own decision, for the reasons he made public on his web site [earlier today]," Halford said.

"We had a fantastic time together on the 'Nostradamus' tour... [But] K.K. has his own life to live and we can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do.

"He told us [of his decision to leave JUDAS PRIEST] before Christmas time. Personally, I thought this could be the end... Emotionally, for me, it's been very, very difficult…

"When K.K. said he was thinking of retiring, Glenn [Tipton, PRIEST guitarist] was the first guy to send him a personal email to say, 'Ken, I hope you're OK. If there's anything you need, just let me know.' We kept the door open all this time in case Ken changed his mind, but the clock was ticking."

When asked about the remaining JUDAS PREST members' decision to go ahead with their previously announced tour plans with a replacement guitarist — 31 year-old British guitar player Richie Faulkner (LAUREN HARRIS, DIRTY DEEDS) — Halford said, "K.K. can never be replaced; he's unique, and we didn't want any kind of K.K. copycat. Richie Faulkner came to Glenn's house to jam, and Glenn simply told me he was absolutely brilliant."

Rock Hard's full interview with Rob Halford will be published in the in the magazine's May issue (#110).

Downing released a statement earlier today blaming his departure from JUDAS PRIEST on "an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time." He added that he "decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to . . . our cherished fans."

JUDAS PRIEST members had previously stated that their "Epitaph" tour would be their last, but that they would continue recording, with a new album due for release next year.