Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Help me name my new Snake

124»

Comments

• Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    We had to ghettofy a "cage" for her tonight. Heatpad underneath a storage container w/ a ton of holes on top. Before Erik flips out about "unfair" treatment, my sister who rescues lizards and other foreign animals has a complete set up for her that I pick up tmw after work.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Snakes scare the shit out of me, I can't even look at one. lol
    Whyyyy?
    No idea. They are the only animals that I fear for some reason. Probably because they're so deadly and hard to see if you're just walking around.
    Please don't be ignorant like everyone else about snakes. If I were to get bit by any of my snakes right now, I'd have a little blood and bite marks...that's it. Now, venomous Snakes are different, but most people don't keep them as pets, not only that, but you need a license to own a Hot.
    Calm down, it's not ignorance that fuels a fear of snakes.

Society has had a general snake phobia as long as it's been around. Genesis, Greek and Norse mythology, Angkor, even fucking Harry Potter. It's not ignorance that makes people afraid of snakes, it's the general attitude around them in society.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i would rather have a pet shit in a box than a pet snake
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited April 2011
    Snakes scare the shit out of me, I can't even look at one. lol
    Whyyyy?
    No idea. They are the only animals that I fear for some reason. Probably because they're so deadly and hard to see if you're just walking around.
    Please don't be ignorant like everyone else about snakes. If I were to get bit by any of my snakes right now, I'd have a little blood and bite marks...that's it. Now, venomous Snakes are different, but most people don't keep them as pets, not only that, but you need a license to own a Hot.
    Calm down, it's not ignorance that fuels a fear of snakes.

Society has had a general snake phobia as long as it's been around. Genesis, Greek and Norse mythology, Angkor, even fucking Harry Potter. It's not ignorance that makes people afraid of snakes, it's the general attitude around them in society.
    that statement is the epitome of ignorence....
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    wine, im so glad your back to put that little boy in his place
    never leave me again ok?
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    that statemet is the epitome of ignorence....
    epitome of ignorence....
    ignorence....
    WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CHEEZE?
    wine, im so glad your back to put that little boy in his place
    never leave me again ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited April 2011
    you owe me fidallah

EDIT: oh n everyone's spelling went to crap since you left
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    We had to ghettofy a "cage" for her tonight. Heatpad underneath a storage container w/ a ton of holes on top. Before Erik flips out about "unfair" treatment, my sister who rescues lizards and other foreign animals has a complete set up for her that I pick up tmw after work.
    Unfair? Keep her in that! Seriously. It's better for their general well-being, and keeps the humidity and heat very well, unlike glass. All of mine are in plastic Rubbermaid tubs with under tank heaters, but buy a thermostat to control the heat on it. They get EXTREMELY hot without one and can burn your snake, as well as run a fire hazard. My Ball Python got a minor burn before I got a thermostat on his under tank heater.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    omfg erik!
    animal cruelty is a felony!
    im calling the ASPCA because you burned your snake
    brb, let me know when they get taken away
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    are there fruit snakes or something i could own?
    LOL No. But you can feed frozen to any snake, or Garter Snakes eat fish. :P
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    its pretty fitting i named her after a Norse god seeing as i got her from midgard serpents reptile rescue.

shes coiled around my arm right now and keeps flicking my face with her tongue. it tickles lol
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    its pretty fitting i named her after a Norse god seeing as i got her from midgard serpents reptile rescue.

shes coiled around my arm right now and keeps flicking my face with her tongue. it tickles lol
    I used to have a tarantula that I thought would be a good idea to put on my face.

Then I remembered the little hooks in its feets. D:
    i would never trust an insect
    i would never trust an insect
    Oh, well that's good, because he was an arachnid. :-))
    The only insect I've ever owned was a Madagascar hissing cockroach. He was cool.
    edited April 2011
    i know spiders aren't technically an insect, but i lump them together
    They can live up to like, 5 years.
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    Unfair? Keep her in that! Seriously. It's better for their general well-being, and keeps the humidity and heat very well, unlike glass. All of mine are in plastic Rubbermaid tubs with under tank heaters, but buy a thermostat to control the heat on it. They get EXTREMELY hot without one and can burn your snake, as well as run a fire hazard. My Ball Python got a minor burn before I got a thermostat on his under tank heater.
    Trust me, I know a bit about every animal enough to actually be considered a responsible owner. If I didn't feel that I could properly take care of it, I wouldn't adopt.