Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

RIP Scott Columbus

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    guess he really did die for metal
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Scott Columbus (November 10, 1956 — April 4, 2011) was an American musician and the former drummer of Manowar. Reportedly he was discovered by a female fan of the band, beating aluminium in a local foundry.[1] With the band from 1983-90, he was eventually forced to leave the band when his son fell ill. He was replaced by Rhino for "The Triumph of Steel" but returned for "Louder Than Hell" and remained with the band until the summer of 2008 when he was replaced once again by Rhino during Manowar's performances in Bulgaria and Magic Circle Festival 2008[2]

Manowar never officially announced Columbus's departure in 2008. In an interview with Classic Rock magazine, Scott said "I'd say it was about April 2008. When Mr. DeMaio [Joey DeMaio, MANOWAR bassist/mainman] and myself agreed to disagree on a few points of interest. That leads us up to today. You know what? I had a long and wonderful career with MANOWAR; I have no regrets, it's just life moves on. When asked about his departure in the early 90's Scott said "It was the very end of 1989 leading into 1990. I was officially gone in 1990, the first time. I can just tell you and the world that my son was never sick. So you can deduce from that what you may. However, that's what I'll tell you [concerning the official statement]."[3]

Columbus played the so-called "Drums of Doom", a kit made of stainless steel, because his drumming technique is too rough on standard kits which had to be replaced too regularly. [4]

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    can't let this roll off the first page....Rev got to be talked about for days on these boards, and Scott was 1000000000X more talented
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011

Columbus played the so-called "Drums of Doom", a kit made of stainless steel, because his drumming technique is too rough on standard kits which had to be replaced too regularly.

Holy fuck... \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

R.I.P. \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    can't let this roll off the first page....Rev got to be talked about for days on these boards, and Scott was 1000000000X more talented
    Yeah but the discussion wasn't about how great he was..
    RIP
    image Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Rev was a more popular person in a more popular band, and he died from an OD...and people eat that up here

Either way, RIP
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    wait how exactly did he die?
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    R.I.P.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    don't know yet...was originally posted on Ross the Boss's page that he died, and thats the closest to offical we got