Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

murder hotel

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited April 2011 in Off Topic

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holmes purchased a lot across from the drugstore, where he built his three-story, block-long "Castle"—as it was dubbed by those in the neighborhood. It was opened as a hotel for the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893, with part of the structure used as commercial space. The ground floor of the Castle contained Holmes's own relocated drugstore and various shops, while the upper two floors contained his personal office and a maze of over one hundred windowless rooms with doorways opening to brick walls, oddly angled hallways, stairways to nowhere, doors openable only from the outside, and a host of other strange and labyrinthine constructions. Holmes repeatedly changed builders during the construction of the Castle, so only he fully understood the design of the house, thus decreasing the chance of being reported to the police.[7]

After the completion of the hotel, Holmes selected mostly female victims from among his employees (many of whom were required as a condition of employment to take out life insurance policies for which Holmes would pay the premiums but also be the beneficiary), as well as his lovers and hotel guests. He tortured and killed them.[6] Some were locked in soundproof bedrooms fitted with gas lines that let him asphyxiate them at any time. Some victims were locked in a huge soundproof bank vault near his office where they were left to suffocate.[4] The victims' bodies were dropped by secret chute to the basement,[7] where some were meticulously dissected, stripped of flesh, crafted into skeleton models, and then sold to medical schools. Holmes also cremated some of the bodies or placed them in lime pits for destruction. Holmes had two giant furnaces as well as pits of acid, bottles of various poisons, and even a stretching rack. Through the connections he had gained in medical school, he sold skeletons and organs with little difficulty.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    mystery house > everything
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm actually reading a book on this right now, it's called The Devil In The White City. It's split half and half between the architects and Holmes, but the architect half is pretty boring so I've been skimming it.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/
    A haunted house? The original post is about a serial killer.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I actually read that book Brian, and I don't read books often,but it's a pretty interesting story
    I actually read that book Brian, and I don't read books often,but it's a pretty interesting story
    Oh yeah man, the Holmes side of the story is awesome.
    that is a really weird coincidence that you are reading a book on a topic i made a thread about. I had never heard of this dude before today and found that wikipedia entry very spooky.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i have a documentary on my computer at home about H.H.Holmes
    did they destroy his castle? would have been interesting to see pictures if so....
    that is a really weird coincidence that you are reading a book on a topic i made a thread about. I had never heard of this dude before today and found that wikipedia entry very spooky.
    Yeah man. My school library has a small section of serial killer books where I always pick free reading books for English. That one seemed interesting.

If you want a great read, check out The Last Victim. It's a true story where this guy sends letters to a bunch of killers in prison, such as Manson, Dahmer, and most importantly John Wayne Gacy, and it is pretty fucking awesome. Some very creepy shit, some disgusting "fantasies" described by Gacy, but damn it's a good read. It's 304 pages and I read it in a week.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/
    i was immediately reminded of the winchester mansion when i read the description of the castle this psycho built.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Danny's not here right now Mrs. Torrance.
    I love winning with women