Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Went to ER, does getting tubes in ears hurt?

Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
edited March 2011 in Off Topic
So, last night I fell asleep for half an hour before I woke up crying in pain like a little bitch. I tried the numbing ear drops and 2 vicodin and was just all over in pain. Went to ER when I really didn't want to and the doc said I needed to get tubes in both my ears. Can't hear at all in the right ear and the left ear makes everyone sound like they're talking in accents. I hear a very loud ring as well as kind of an ocean sound every time my ear throbs. I know a lot of kids get tubes in their ears nowadays but does anyone know if they hurt? I even manned up and went to work today to hand in my doctors note and stayed till they got a replacement. The manager actually thanked me for that and gave me free food. I'm feeling like shit and stuff won't stop coming out my ears. I get really bad and sudden ear infections so my right ear is all permanently damaged. I have had them where blood would just pour out of my ears. Yea, I know, Shane's bleeding out his nose and my ears are all fucked up. Our family is just all falling apart at this house.

Comments

• GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    Wha? 8-X {Upload|6819}
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I had tubes in my ears when I was little, and I don't ever remember them hurting.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    No, Judy, it is not painful. My daughter had them and it helped her tremendously. She used to get ear infections all the time. Got the tubes and they went away.
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    Tubes don't hurt, even when they fall out. Get them, it helps.
    there are some who call me... tim?
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    So, May 16th I see ENT and they said about a week later I get tubes put in.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    So, last night I fell asleep for half an hour before I woke up crying in pain like a little bitch. I tried the numbing ear drops and 2 vicodin and was just all over in pain. Went to ER when I really didn't want to and the doc said I needed to get tubes in both my ears. Can't hear at all in the right ear and the left ear makes everyone sound like they're talking in accents. I hear a very loud ring as well as kind of an ocean sound every time my ear throbs. I know a lot of kids get tubes in their ears nowadays but does anyone know if they hurt? I even manned up and went to work today to hand in my doctors note and stayed till they got a replacement. The manager actually thanked me for that and gave me free food. I'm feeling like shit and stuff won't stop coming out my ears. I get really bad and sudden ear infections so my right ear is all permanently damaged. I have had them where blood would just pour out of my ears. Yea, I know, Shane's bleeding out his nose and my ears are all fucked up. Our family is just all falling apart at this house.
    And I thought I get bad ear infections. That really sucks. Sorry to hear you get them so badly.