Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhem Forums: Who's Favorite Video Game is the BEST?

1616263646567»

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    my vote is for pokemon blue/red tho, not that new pokemon shit. and i would never play a game like starcraft cuz im not a nerd. i dont really play any video games anymore accept tecmo bowl and mario kart
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pokemon is just such an awful game. It is really mind numbing how simple it is. What is wrong with Pokemon?

1. There is no real story.
    2. The game is very simplistic (ie... there is nothing challenging about it)
    3. Reputation - if you have played the game for 5 minutes, thats it!

I get why people kinda like it...

1. It really appeals to people who like to collect shit.
    2. there are a lot of characters and you can kinda grow them

but I mean jesus. why is there no challenge to the game. Why does this game require zero thought. ahhhh... makes me want to pull my hair out. If I didnt have kids who love it, Id never play another pokemon ever.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I disagree that there's not a real story....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    dude werent you just talking about playing pokemon a couple days ago? and i havent played it since i was 14. you act like i pop it on every day
    edited April 2011
    dude werent you just talking about playing pokemon a couple days ago? and i havent played it since i was 14. you act like i pop it on every day
    my last post wasnt directed towards you.

And yeah... I am currently playing pokemon Black because my kids are playing it. doesnt mean I like playing it.
    I disagree that there's not a real story....
    there was more of a story in mario bros. I could easily write another pokemon game. easily. the originality is non-existent in that series.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You would be just fighting random Pokemon in the wild for eternity if there was no story in the games....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited April 2011
    You would be just fighting random Pokemon in the wild for eternity if there was no story in the games....
    "hi. im dr fuckface. will you take this pokemon and go collect info on other pokemon for me? "
    "yep"
    "great. watch out for team gay. they want to do something gay"

then you go and fight other trainers and run into team gay

"we are team gay. we want to do gay things with pokemon if you know what I mean"
    "yep i do"
    "by gay things I mean we want to put put our penis in the pokemon's butt if you know what I mean"
    "said i did the first time"

then you beat them

"foiled. how could you beat team gay?"
    "it was easy. fire beats leafs, water beats fire, leafs beat water. "
    "Jesus. how... wha.... you are a pokemon master! I always thought fire beat water. no wonder I lost"
    "yep."

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    LOL Wake.

Try this:

www.smogon.com
    LOL Wake.

Try this:

www.smogon.com
    What the hell?!?! a pokemon battle calculator? that site just gave me a raging headache.

It's competitive Pokemon battling. Unless you REALLY know your shit, those guys will kick your ass.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    starcraft 4 \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    pokemon 7 \m/

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    It's competitive Pokemon battling. Unless you REALLY know your shit, those guys will kick your ass.
    lol. yeah. That site is almost exactly like those people that go out and reenact civil war battles. except instead of being war history nerds, they replaced that with pokemon. :-))
    lol. yeah. That site is almost exactly like those people that go out and reenact civil war battles. except instead of being war history nerds, they replaced that with pokemon. :-))
    LOL true, true.

You have to admire their dedication, though. :-))

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    starcraft 5
    pokemon 7
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    starcraft 5
    pokemon 8
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited April 2011
    ok since this made it to page 3 imma just let it die... once we don't have like 6 of these going on i might do a new one