Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Death thrash metal

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Wow
    This fucking kid

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "Now tell me where Exhumed fits "
    just because they don't sound exactly the same doesn't mean they can't be in the genre. Plenty of bands are specified as a genre but have elements of them that make them sound like they could fit somewhere else
    Wow
    This fucking kid
    me or brian?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm sure he means me.

Believe what you want Santana. I just don't like terms being used loosely when they aren't. It'd be like if I called all death metal grindcore. BUT BRO, IT HAS DISTORTION, GROWLS, AND BLASTS BRO
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    that's different. Death thrash, at least for me, is hard to place because generally it's more death than thrash IMO. Grindcore, you can tell it's not death metal lol
    that's different.
    In your opinion.

Also, I apologize for being such a stickler about this, but it's like a pet peeve to me. Similar to when Erik does weird capitalizations and spaces for band names. That unimportant shit just gets under my OCD and germaphobic skin lol
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    that's different.
    In your opinion.

Also, I apologize for being such a stickler about this, but it's like a pet peeve to me. Similar to when Erik does weird capitalizations and spaces for band names. That unimportant shit just gets under my OCD and germaphobic skin lol
    it's all good man. I'm just getting into the groove of classifying death thrash. I would hate it if someone called Dying Fetus or Nile deathcore because they have breakdowns and guttural vocals. And yeah I don't get the weird capitalizations. That gets to me l0l
    The sad thing is, Dying Fetus is deathcore in the true sense of the term. Death metal and REAL hardcore.
    What exactly is real hardcore (in terms, can't really play any videos now)
    Punk based hardcore. Not two-step, hair over one eye, girl pants, endless breakdown "hardcore".
    but where is the hardcore in them?
    edited March 2011
    Slams and etc

Like New York hardcore
    herp derp on me but what exactly are slams?
    Like a breakdown, but it doesn't stop the whole song, it's just a really slow grooving part. Has the same effect as a breakdown without going DUNDUN............DUNDUN........DUN DUN
    For an example, check the middle part of Kill Your Mother/Rape Your Dog
    ahhh I see what you mean. So they're true deathcore with the sense of death metal but also real breakdowns
    Si senor
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Brian spreading the knowledge =D>
    But...but...knowledge is sin :(:(
    :-c
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Brian hit the fucking nail on the head hard with these staements...
    Punk based hardcore. Not two-step, hair over one eye, girl pants, endless breakdown "hardcore".
    Slams and etc

Like New York hardcore
    Like a breakdown, but it doesn't stop the whole song, it's just a really slow grooving part. Has the same effect as a breakdown without going DUNDUN............DUNDUN........DUN DUN
    so many people think hardcore is just endless breakdowns and that's just not the case. and the hair over the eye fashion shit is not true hardcore at all, in fact, its the exact opposite. true hardcore noone give a fuck about who looks better or who can make themselves look the most like a female, its about the music and spreading the word and standing up for your beliefs, not following in line. I try to explain, but people just don't want to listen... real hardcore is exactly how Brian describes... *brofist*