Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Check Out This Story

TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2011 in Off Topic
Teen Charged In Connection With Dragging Death
Police Say Zachary Harp Died Early Sunday Morning After Altercation

POSTED: 7:08 pm EDT March 21, 2011
UPDATED: 6:32 am EDT March 22, 2011

facebookdel.icio.usbuzzdiggreddit›› Email›› PrintTUSCOLA COUNTY, Mich. -- An early Sunday morning incident where a teenager was struck by a car and dragged for almost one block has neighbors talking and a small town in shock.

Authorities said 17-year-old Cody C. Kalis, of Unionville, was arraigned late Monday afternoon on charges of open murder, manslaughter with a motor vehicle and operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

According to a news release issued by the sheriff’s department, Zachary Harp, 16, of Caro, was struck by a car driven by Kalis and dragged nearly one block sometime before 4 a.m.

The football player and freshmen at Ownedale-Gagetown High School died at the hospital a short time later.

Investigators said it all began with a fight after a party at a home on Elizabeth Street in Gagetown.

“A kid was asked to leave, he got mad,” said Samantha Culhane, a neighbor living close to the home where the party’s location. “Zachary was ran over, and then the kid came back and clipped the kids that were trying to help Zachary, so that's what I heard and I seen: one of the other kids walking around yesterday limping and looking a little banged up.”

Neighbors told TV5 they can't understand how a fight like that could turn deadly.

“I’ve seen him around town. I know that he was a well-liked kid, that he wasn't really a troublemaker,” said Culhane when speaking of Kalis.

The prosecutor working the case has asked anyone who has information pertaining to the incident to call the Tuscola County Sheriff's Office at 989-673-8161. Kalis is being held with bail set at $75,000.

If Kalis is convicted on the open murder charge, he could be sentenced to life

Here is the link if you wanna see anything else.
http://www.wnem.com/news/27269184/detail.html

This is very disturbing and the sad thing is that the kid who did use to go to my school and I kinda knew him.

Comments