Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The non-Pantera, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, random Metal Tournament (VERSION 2.0)

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Not all Nu-Metal had rapping in it.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    no matter how u wanna sugar coat it.....it's still nu metal.
    This is worse than Jay calling Straight Line Stitch deathcore.
    I'm not going through this argument again.
    #-O
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    " Rage is a funk rap metal band (and I use the term metal very lightly)"

nah, they're metal... u nailed it
    they are not metal. go listen to one of their songs right now.
    i like RATM... i've always considered them metal though...
    Rage Against The Machine is Funk Metal, which is not a metal genre, also consisting of Primus, King's X, Living Colour, Fishbone, and Infectious Grooves
    i've always considered Living Colour metal too
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Rage Against The Machine is Funk Metal, which is not a metal genre, also consisting of Primus, King's X, Living Colour, Fishbone, and Infectious Grooves
    I did too, until it was pointed out to me that they have 3 songs with metal riffs, those being Cult Of Personality, Time's Up, and Go Away. Either way, only two metal bands I listed in my mind are King's X and Infectious Grooves.
    I did too, until it was pointed out to me that they have 3 songs with metal riffs, those being Cult Of Personality, Time's Up, and Go Away. Either way, only two metal bands I listed in my mind are King's X and Infectious Grooves.
    i've just thought that funk metal as a sub genre existed...
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well a majority of people refuse to let Slipknot, Korn, and Limp Bizkit be characterized under "Metal" too, yet they fall into the epitomy of Nu Metal
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    no matter how u wanna sugar coat it.....it's still nu metal.
    there is nothing nu metal about Rage. <_> theyre a funk alternative polictal rap metal band.

nigga, youz trollin =;
    * face palm*

what the hell do u think nu metal is? they are the very definition of nu metal!
    nu metal is heavy metal (not RATM), grunge (not RATM) and hip hop mixed into one. Rage is a funk rap metal band (and I use the term metal very lightly) like I said. There is nothing grungy or "heavy metal" about them. except they used distortion and have solos, very unique non metal type solos. I would charachterize them more of a experimental band before any kind of nu metal. Once again they are a funk, alternative rap band, mostly funk. your definition of nu metal is flawed.
    if it looks like a duck and raps like a duck its a fuckin duck.
    CF seriously? <_>

RATM is a very unique band that can be argued about which style of music they play. I'll tell you one thing though, it is not nu metal. I gave you the exact reason as to why they are not nu metal on my above post. I guess you just by-passed the facts I wrote and just had to get your next word in without actually reading and thinking logically about what I said. so by your interpretation, The Roots are also a nu metal band? cmon man, youre face deserves better than the thoughts you give.
    Your reasons are flawed though. I read them but denial is more than something something. U can call them whatever you want but they are a duck, and a very overrated duck at that.
    well a majority of people refuse to let Slipknot, Korn, and Limp Bizkit be characterized under "Metal" too, yet they fall into the epitomy of Nu Metal
    those 3 are perfect examples of nu metal along with otep, nonpoint, linkin park, kid rock, ect. those are heavy metal, grunge rap bands. none of which has anything to do with RATM.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    The score is....

Between The Buried And Me 5
    Behemoth 2
    inb4lists
    I'm not sure if it is an official genre really, just a tag certain bands get. Limp Bizkit, Anthrax, Lostprophets(their debut), System Of A Down(Hypnotize), Suicidal Tendencies(Send Me Your Money), and Red Hot Chili Peppers(Debut until Mother's Milk) have all been labeled as Funk Metal.
    those 3 are perfect examples of nu metal along with otep, nonpoint, linkin park, kid rock, ect. those are heavy metal, grunge rap bands. none of which has anything to do with RATM.
    Kid Rock? Nu Metal? Not sure how to feel there.
    ENOUGH WITH THE ARGUING, JUST VOTE ON THE MATCH DAMMIT.
    inb4lists
    There is no difference between Korn and RATM in my opinion, other than RATM quit while they were ahead.
    Kid Rock? Nu Metal? Not sure how to feel there.
    old kid rock

There is no difference between Korn and RATM in my opinion, other than RATM quit while they were ahead.
    RATM are still together btw.
    inb4lists
    ENOUGH WITH THE ARGUING, JUST VOTE ON THE MATCH DAMMIT.
    We have, we wouldn't want this to be a thread with no discussion now would we?
    the diff is that Korn, being Nu Metal, has the rap influence in the lyrical aspect, but then has metal/ hardrock music.

RATM, being funk metal, have rap in vocal aspect as well, but also have a heavy funk sound to their music.
    Your reasons are flawed though. I read them but denial is more than something something. U can call them whatever you want but they are a duck, and a very overrated duck at that.
    overrated my asshole. they basically came out during a time of grunge and nu metal and started their own original sound. Morello is one of the best guitar players in the world, the things he does with that instrument are just flat out unbelieveable and noone else can do what he has done. No other band sounds like Rage and have adapted their style because it is too original and unique. you can dislike Rage for some unknown reason, the only argument youve had so far is they are overrated. come with some facts man. Rage is a trendsetter.
    I'm not sure if it is an official genre really, just a tag certain bands get. Limp Bizkit, Anthrax, Lostprophets(their debut), System Of A Down(Hypnotize), Suicidal Tendencies(Send Me Your Money), and Red Hot Chili Peppers(Debut until Mother's Milk) have all been labeled as Funk Metal.
    at first I was like ANTHRAX!!!???? X( but then I remembered "Bring the Noise" and "I'm the man", that was more for fun though for them.