Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

March Madness Yahoo Pick em TOURNEY (actual BBall lol)

Comments

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy

Yeah it's been bad both ways 

• Options
    NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

naw dude that call was atrocious 

Y'all got bailed out

• Options

he had his feet set...but that block they called on Morgan earlier which was a charge...around 2 minutes left was just as big of deal 

• Options

Dude there is absolutely no justifying that call, it was horribly wrong

If you think he was set than you literally have no clue what your talking about sorry

What a shitty way to end your season

• Options

they got dominated the whole game aside from the last 5 minutes where they finally decided to play defense and michigan made bad decisions...they didn't deserve to win lol

• Options

Morgan had position first so in that situation it is a charge...but the Tennessee guy barely touched him so it should have just been a no call 

• Options

comebacks are part of the game dude

You gotta at the full 40 mins...

Tennessee was a hell of a team tho you guys beat a solid team that was hot you should be in pretty good shape going forward

• Options

dudeee he was not set at all did you even see it? Do you know what a charge is?

• Options

It was hands down the worst call in the entire tournament

• Options
    edited March 2014

You dont   to have to be set completely...if you beat the offensive guy to the spot and he puts his shoulder into you it's a charge...Morgan was there first...even the dudes on CBS are saying it was a good call...like I said if anything it's a no call but you obliviously don't  basketball if you think you can't draw a charge like that...literally happens in probably every basketball game 

• Options

I reffed basketball... I know what a charge is.. That call was atrocious... He didn't even come remotely close to setting himself to the spot prior to the guy getting there.. Abysmal.. 

• Options

his feet weren't moving...

You must have been a shitty ref

• Options
    edited March 2014

You don't have to square yourself all you have to do is beat them to the spot and not initiate contact 

• Options

I don't have time for this sillyness 

Your a michigan fan so it's pointless to even argue

You're like George you're never gonna see something against your team, it's impossible for you to be objective

• Options

seriously though there were pretty bad calls both ways...the block earlier was just as abysmal  it didn't cost them the game...their shitty play the first 35 minutes did 

• Options

I didn't watch the game cuz it looked like Michigan was in cruise control but I guess I shoulda caught it

• Options

Guarding shall be the act of legally placing the body in the path of an offensive opponent. The guarding positionshall be initially established and thenmaintained inbounds on the playing court.
    Every player shall be entitled to a spot on the playing court, provided that such player gets there first without illegally contacting an opponent. (Exception:Rule 4-35.7)

To establish an initial legal guarding position on the player with the ball:

a. The guard shall have both feet touching the playing court. When the guard jumps into position initially, both

feet must return to the playing court after the jump, for the guard to attain a legal guarding position.

b. The guard’s torso shall face the opponent.

Charging is illegal personal contact by pushing or moving into an opponent’s torso.
    Yeah so according to the NCAA rule boom that was a charge l 
  • Options

book* fuck I need to turn off auto correct...it's really pissing me off :-L

• Options

that's extremely vague dude there is more extension to the rule than that

And he didn't even have position 

He did not get to that spot period 

It's hard to explain in text cuz it's kind of a visual thing but he was so late getting there, it was an obvious try hard attempt

It was a block but if I was reffing, in the last 5 secs, I woulda def left it a no call

• Options
    edited March 2014

your feet  just have to be on the floor ...and he was clearly there before the offensive guy...and the offensive guy lowered his shoulder...by decimation of the NCAA rule it's a charge

But you're right should have been a mo call

Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on