Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Sony getting fucked in the ass by LG. could destroy Sony.

JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
edited March 2011 in Off Topic
Days after LG managed to temporarily block Sony PlayStation 3 imports into Europe, the Korean manufacturer has also convinced the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) to investigate claims that Sony infringed patents in Sony Playstations and select Bravia televisions.
According to the ITC's statement, sent to us by intellectual property activist Florian Mueller, the quasi-judiciary body announced on Friday that it is merely launching an investigation into LG's claims. The investigation does not imply that the ITC will find fault or take action.
In February LG filed two complaints with the ITC accusing Sony of violating patents pertaining to Blu-ray playing devices, like the PlayStation, and select Bravia TVs.
However small, the announcement is another victory in the ongoing legal battles between LG and Sony, the world's second and third largest TV maker, according to Bloomberg. Earlier this week customs officials in the European Union reportedly confiscated "tens of thousands" of PS3 consoles, in response to LG and Sony's ongoing patent dispute.
In December, Sony sued LG for allegedly violating Sony patents in the LG Quantum, the new Windows Phone 7 device available on AT&T, the Cosmos, Accolade, Encore, enV Touch, Fathom, Glance, GU295, Lotus Elite, LX370, Neon, Remarq, Rumor Touch, VL600, Vu Plus, and Xenon.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2381471,00.asp

Also, LG is trying to get PS3 shipments stopped in US, which could destroy Sony.

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    wow....wtf...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    sheeit SONY has so much dough LG's gonna sit and spin on it

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    If SONY goes down for LG I may have to choke a bitch. LG makes the worst products ever.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    didnt feel like reading that whole thing, is LG jealous of sony? sony makes better products. but i will say this, i had an LG cell phone a long time ago and it was durable as fuck. it went through the wash i dont know how many times and still worked fine. seems like a not so popular company is tryin' to make some money off of a very popular company, but then again, i only read the first paragraph lol. i happen to love my PS3 and the Blu-ray player that is in it.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    didnt feel like reading that whole thing, is LG jealous of sony? sony makes better products. but i will say this, i had an LG cell phone a long time ago and it was durable as fuck. it went through the wash i dont know how many times and still worked fine. seems like a not so popular company is tryin' to make some money off of a very popular company, but then again, i only read the first paragraph lol. i happen to love my PS3 and the Blu-ray player that is in it.
    The paragraph you just typed is half of the reading you fucking derp.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    final score:

Nola: 3 Fucks: 0
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^LOL
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The paragraph you just typed is half of the reading you fucking derp.
    bahahahahaha
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    LG blows dick anyway
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    i've had two LG phones, both seemed pretty good. Battery life was great.

and i have an LG TV which seems to be doin pretty good too.

but I also love Playstation, so i hope Sony doesnt go under
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    After I read the last paragraph...it sounds a little like LG got asshurt Sony sued them...
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited March 2011
    obveously y00z fagz havent lived long enuf to know that corperations get into arguements from time to time over stupid bullshit then two weeks later and theyre sucking each others dicks over a billion dollar settlement

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)